Re: Phone Number Format

Thanks Mike for getting back to me.

I already checked the registry and it does match :-(

Any other idea?

Thanks again,

Eyal

Platinum Elite Contributor

When you click on the Phone Format button (the one to the right of a phone field) - is the country exactly the same as the one in the Country field?

Do all users have the Country field set up in their My Records and have a phone number in the phone field?

Have you checked the Preferences not to display Country Codes?

Thanks again Mike:

Yes all matches. here is the wierd stuff:

It looks like it has nothing to do with the user.

It might be related to access rights in Windows 2003(?)

When I logged as myself (Windows 2003 administrator) but logon as any user to Act, the problem exist, however when I log on to the Windows 2003 server as the user who entered the data and then logon to ACT as this user or myself, the problem does not exist.

What strange is that the end user who originally entered the data is not an admin on the Windows 2003 server, I am:-(

I opened a case with Microsoft tech support but they have not seen anything like this before. They said it has to do with the application.

Any idea?

Can you describe the actual steps, what you see and the user access (Windows and ACT!) when it works and when it doesn't?

Hello Mike:

Thanks for your help and concerns:

Here is what happens

We setup a system for a client (we are the resellers) running on a Windows 2003 Enterprise Edition Server.

There are only a hand-full of users most of them are in the main office in New Jersey USA and few are remote users in Thailand.

Because the nature of the business and the fact most users will work remotely on the system, we set the ACT software on the Windows 2003 server and allowed remote users access to it via VPN and Terminal server, and local users to access it via remote desktop connection.

One remote user in Thailand entered the records remotely.

Once she was done the first time, the server crashed, and the data could not be reconstructed from ACT backup.

Since there was not much data, a new Database was created and she re-entered all the records again.

At this point users in the USA noticed that while all the records are back, the phone as well as the fax fields acting up.

It will display [1] () and not the phone/fax numbers

After trying the entire registry matches to the country code etc. I discovered the following:

If you logon to the Windows server either via VPN and terminal server or via remote desktop connection from the office with the credential of the user who created the records, and then logon to ACT either as this user or as yourself, all works fine.

However if you logon to the Windows server as any other user (but the one who created the records) no mater how you logon to ACT as the user who created the records or as yourself, the problem exist.

Very frustration as we have no clue where to even start looking.

Thanks,

Eyal Salei

Are these US numbers or Thai?

Does this happen when switching between users who are both US?

Is this all numbers in the database?

What do you see when you click the Phone Format button?

Does it happen in the demo database?

There was an issue with phone displays in the original release of 10.03. Check in Help | About to see if you have hotfix 1. If not, apply it from this ACT! Knowledge Base article - http://tinyurl.com/5xsyap

Mike you are a genius :-)

Applying the hot fix fixed the problem

Thank you very much!