Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Phone Dialer is useless

Phone Dialer is useless

[ Edited ]

I can use the dialer iti is just horrible. In earlier versions of act  the dialer was great, I would select the phone number click dial, it would use the modem to dial, then automatically disconnect leaving me connected with my physcial phone. Now I dial ,then I have to result the call before I can click on hang up in the dialer window, if you hide the dialer even worse the modem will not release. I have tried several brands of modems, numerous  modem initialisation settings in the modem properties. Everyone in my office prefer to manually dial the phone than use the Phone dialer in act.

is there a good hack to ge the phone dialer to work . meaning dial the call, then hangup after a few seconds leaving me connected to the call and the modem no longer connected.

I use act premium17

Administrator

Re: Phone Dialer is useless

[ Edited ]

Hi sparkness,

Have you considered trying any of the 3rd party dialler AddOns for Act?

Here are 3 I found:

I haven't personally tested any of these but there are free trial's of each available.

[ Edited ]

Dial it , overbloated and does not work well with standard modems, they recomend $400.00 modems that might work ok,

just to dial - not worth it the key word here is "Dial" I just need to be able to quickly click a number and dial it

Universal Dialer Plugin is for Softphones not modem Tapi devices , it seems nice and simple as it puts a button next phone fields

Call on CRM is for desktop VoIP telephone directly from within your Act! not for standard modem

thanks for the help, Gary

Platinum Elite Contributor

ACT! doesn't provide the phone dialer but uses the Windows Dialer. You need to test the Windows Dialer to see if that is working properly. If not then that needs to be fixed before the ACT! dialer will work.

Roy Laudenslager
ACT! Certified Consultant
ACT! Report Expert
Durkin Impact Report Designer
www.techbenders.com
royel@techbenders.com
541-343-8129

[ Edited ]

Act17 does dial using the internal PCI modem. I wuold like it to be simple and useful.

Bronze Elite Contributor

sparkness wrote:

Act17 does dial using the internal PCI modem. I wuold like it to be simple and useful.

i'm confused.

your question is not clear.  define simple.

-MM
World Famous ACT! Certified Consultant @ www.ActiveSales.net

[ Edited ]

here is the flow I would like . on the contacts click the icon Phone Dialer. modem  goes off hook and dials the selected phone, I pick up the handset from the physical phone, now  I have the call , the modem disconnects and I am left with a history window that I can result the call in. Also I select hide dialer after dialing  in the modem preferences,so I no longer need to do anything in the dialer window.

older versions of act work this way

What happens: On the contacts, click the icon Phone Dialer. Modem  goes off hook and dials the selected phone. the history window comes up and I cannot click hang up on the phone window unless i result the call. I also can not hide the dialer window because I must release the call from the modem by clicking hang up then I have to click to close the dialer window. many usless steps that are not needed.

I found  auto dialer pro that will dial the phone if it is a weblink like callto://18005558355/  just by clicking on the hyperlink so I may just change phone fields . but now I have to click on history to result the call

Copper Contributor

Well, the dialer turned useless and may well be on its way out in the current form. Our office as well as many others and home offices have not VOIP phones. Our office system just connects to CAT5 phone which are all IP based. PUtting an old POTS line into each office just hook up a modem for ACT is not feasable in most cases.

Hopefully something new or some VOIP gadget can fill that void

I guess VOIP is what is needed in this day and age