Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Phantom Activities

Phantom Activities

Act is a good program but client services are terrible. 

I converted from 6.0 to Act Premium 2009 (11.0).

I had no problems with the calendar activities in 6.0. After using 2009 for a few days, phantom activities started populating the calendar.

Right now, I see three phone calls for all users on my calendar but there are "22 activities- 22 calls, 0 Meetings, 0 to-dos, 0 Custom Activities" listed at the bottom of the calendar.

Customer Service has been very helpful on getting things going but they haven't a clue regarding these phantom activities.

The only solution is if I give Act DataServices blank check access to my credit card. Whe I asked to be transferred to database services, I got transferred back to India to someone who didn't know squat. He wanted to ask me for the 100th time if I hd changed my email address or phone number since my last contact (20 minutes earlier).

Does anyone have a clue where the phantom activites may be originating, other than paying databaseservices thousands of dollars?

Re: Phantom Activities

John,

You can send your database to Database Services and request them to contact you before making any changes to the database or charging you and I'm sure it will not cost thousands of dollars.

During your calls into support, did you run database maintenance from actdiag?

Database Rebuild and Repair Procedures

Platinum Elite Contributor

If the repair doc linked above didn't help:

Have you tried the Task List instead of calendar

Selected - All Dates, Types, Priorities, Users?

Could a user have created Private Activities (try and log in as each user and see if they show up)?

Do you sync with another ACT! database, Outlook or PDA?

In ACTDIAG - try removing old cleared activities. ACT! 6.0 databases could become corrupt in odd ways that wouldn't be noticable if you didn't access the actual data

If you don't have to much new data, do a proper clean of ACT! 6 data (including remove old cleared activities), re-convert it and export the changed records from your current database to the new one.

After long hours on dialing 1 for English and complaining, I finally got the attention of Grafton in data base services who agreed to look at the data base.

He has a copy of my database and has checked it for errors. He is getting the same problem on his version. The last that I spoke with him, he suggested that I ignore the data line which shows the incorrct number and that I just manually count the tasks. I asked him to overnight an abacus and then told him to get real. This is a simple computer function, the program should be able to add the items on the task list.

He has determined that it is a programming issue. I am waiting for a real solution.

On his copy of his or your database?

So, it happen on the task list as well as calender?

Can you get it happening in the demo database... or it it not easy to replicate?

I'm not a native Data base guy so usually you are all speaking a language that is foreign to me. My wife does speak data base though and she says that apparently the query is looking at data other than the task list. She thinks that a programmer ought to be able to fix this.

If that was the case it would happen on other databases... I can't replicate it here.

If it's only your database, it's more likely some bad ACT! 6 activities that, when converted, ACT! 2009 can't display, but does count in the query.