Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Permissions

Tuned Listener

Permissions

Hi I have been looking into security permission where to dissallow the standard users from creating and editing Contacts (and ReadOnly), Possible?. Basically, Standard Role just minus creating/editing contact permission)...

Also is there a way to pernamently hide the Dashboard menu item on the left handside to all users excep admins? (And they can't choose to display it back)

Platinum Elite Contributor

Re: Permissions

Even restricted users can create contacts (only Browse can't)...

You can remove the options from the menu and make them Restricted (that level can't modify the menu) - but I think the "Insert" key would still work.

You could then do lookups by "Record Creator" and remove their contacts (unless Private)

The only other way would be a custom add-on that prevented them creating a new contact

The full set of standard security levels are in this ACT! Knowledge Base article -

http://kb.sagesoftwareonline.com/cgi-bin/sagesoftwareonline.cfg/php/enduser/std_adp.php?p_faqid=1528...

I don't think you can hide the Dashboards (without an add-on), but you can use network security to limit access to the ones you don't want them to view

Bronze Elite Contributor

It seems you are using ACT! standard so the dashboard is only going to display information that the logged on user is record manager of. Does that satisfy your requirement?  

Graeme Leo
Xact Software - consultants and developers
Follow us on Twitter and check out our Blog

Platinum Elite Contributor

Copper Contributor

Good observation, Mike Smiley Happy

Kind regards,

Rene van der Velde
The Netherlands
aka 'The Dutch Betatester'