Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Permissions on Opportunities

Accepted Solution Solved
Copper Contributor
Accepted Solution

Permissions on Opportunities

One of my clients sent me this email:

"How can I set permissions on Opportunities so people can view but not access? I want to do this after an opportunity is closed, as I have a slight concern some will change the revenue numbers after the fact. I am ok with them revising prior to closing, but I want to lock editing after closing."

Is it possible to lock an opportunity from editing after it closes?  As far as i know standard users cannot edit opportunities, but i don't know if there is a way to prevent editing after it closes for people who can edit.  Does anyone have any solutions to this?

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Accepted by topic author pstout
‎02-09-2016 05:27 AM
Bronze Elite Contributor

Re: Permissions on Opportunities

The ACT security model would not let you do this but there is a work around.

Create a new filed called Final Price and using filed security set to read only except for you with Read Write access. 

Now when you close an opportunity copy the Total field into the Final Price field. You now have a permanent record of the price when the opportunity was closed.

View solution in original post

All Replies
Solution
Accepted by topic author pstout
‎02-09-2016 05:27 AM
Bronze Elite Contributor

Re: Permissions on Opportunities

The ACT security model would not let you do this but there is a work around.

Create a new filed called Final Price and using filed security set to read only except for you with Read Write access. 

Now when you close an opportunity copy the Total field into the Final Price field. You now have a permanent record of the price when the opportunity was closed.