Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Pending Smart Tasks Steps

Copper Contributor

Pending Smart Tasks Steps

I just installed ACT! 2011 Premium. It takes forever for the database to open. Also, each time the database is opened, Pending Smart Task Steps window opens and list a hige list of birthday tasks. I turned off all smart tasks and deleted the ones listed in the window several times but I still keep getting them. It really is a bother. This has never happened before in earlier versions.

Tuned Listener

Re: Pending Smart Tasks Steps

I have the exact same issue, except that I cannot boot my database at all.

It worked fine in the Beta stages of Act Premium, but has rendered the program unusable and useless right now.

(It has cost me more than 40 hours of testing and investigating thus far as this program is critical for me to do my job)

I am now evaluating Salesforce if it is not resolved quickly.

Lee

Tuned Listener

Wow, over a week with no acknowledgement or response from Sage..........not good.

Platinum Elite Contributor

A couple of things you can check for the Smart Tasks that are appearing in the pending window. From the main menu, choose Schedule>Manage Smart Tasks.

- See if the task is set to Auto-Run. If so, click the "Disable Auto-Run" button for the task

- Double-click the task from the left side to edit it. Make sure the box in the lower left for "Run only once for any record" is checked

If these two conditions already exist and you still have the issue, then you may need to delete then re-create the Smart Task(s) that are having this issue.

Greig Hollister

Note: Effective 6/1/13, Sage no longers provides support for the Act! software. This is now provided by Swiftpage.

Copper Contributor

I have done all steps mentioned. Right now, the smart task in question (birthday reminder) is deleted. Yet, the Pending Smart Tasks Steps windows pops up as soon as I run ACT on. Another issue with that window is that the smaller window which asks you when to turn it on again doesn't have an item which says "Never" The longest period is One Day. I went back to check if anything is scheduled on my monthly calender for that day. Nope. My entire calendar is empty. It is hogging a lot of resources - ACT won't operate until this window is up - and slows the start up. I hope there is a solution to this.

Tuned Listener

Exactly the same here.

Lee

Tuned Listener

After two hours with chat support and another two with the technical support. They are now pawning off my problem on the database repair department. (Yes, it is a software bug and they are blaming my database....).

They expect me to dish out a minimum of $250 because the release version will not open the perfectly secure data from the final Beta Refresh. Backups, database checks and repairs all worked fine with the Beta, but these alarms cannot be gotten rid of in the release version. In my case, I coonot even open my database at all.

Do not waste your time and money with their customer support if you have this problem.

I have now commited to converting every employee in my company to Salesforce after six years of using and Beta testing Act.

Yes I feel slighted........I guess it was a good run for awhile.

Lee

Copper Contributor

I can understand how you feel. This issue has been bugging me for the last few months and i have no solution to it. I am surprised no one has come up with an answer that works. My system also hangs, waits for the pending Smart Tasks Steps window to populate before allowing me to go forward. The entire process takes over 5 minutes and repeats itself when I open the program. I would appreciate if someone has a solution to this. There is a glich somewhere and I am sure it is quite simple but I have no idea what it is. I also believe this is my last update to ACT!. What a way to go! 

Copper Contributor

Does anyone have a solution to this issue yet? It is very annoying and time consuming.
Copper Super Contributor

I have to revive this post despite how old it is. Did anybody find a way to stop these smart tasks to run even when deleted?

Right now I deleted every single one of them. Nothing pending either. Yet it is still running. Does anybody know where in the database this is stored? I could go and kill it myself if only the database was not so messy from Act.

Thank you