Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Pending Smart Task Steps fail to clear after completed

Copper Contributor

Pending Smart Task Steps fail to clear after completed

Act! Premium Version 20.1.120.0, Update 3 on Windows 10 Pro (64-bit) Pending Smart Task Steps fail to clear after completed.

Schedule > Run Smart Tasks, Run a Task with Send Mail step. I'm running Outlook 2016 MSO (16.0.8201.2102) 64-bit version. The Pending Smart Task Steps window opens. Act! sends email message to Outlook. However, the Send E-mail task still appears on the Pending Smart Task Steps window. If you "Run" the Send E-mail task, a duplicate email is sent to Outlook and then the Send E-mail task clears from Pending Smart Task Steps list. If you Preview task, an Outlook compose window appears with the smart task message, after which, the Send E-mail task clears from Pending Smart Task Steps list. Perhaps this is a known bug in Act! Premium Version 20.1 with  running Outlook 2016 MSO (16.0.8201.2102) 64-bit version?

Also, when selecting Schedule > Run Smart Task.. the Run Smart Task windows always appears on the main monitor, not the stationary monitor were Act! is display (full screen). Annoying!

An Act! user since ACT! for DOS 1.0 (1988)
Copper Contributor

Re: Pending Smart Task Steps fail to clear after completed

I'm having the exact same problem and as workaround I unchecked " Automatically send email without prompting the user" It's a hassle to have to manually send all of my email but it eliminates the duplicate email and does clear the activity. I'll add one other issue to your scenario is that in addition to the duplicate email and not clearing the activity, the followup activity wasn't happening either. I was on with support for an hour twice to no avail. 

AND YES THE ISSUE BELOW IS VERY ANNOYING! I keep hoping that this will be fixed with every update.

when selecting Schedule > Run Smart Task.. the Run Smart Task windows always appears on the main monitor, not the stationary monitor were Act! is display (full screen). Annoying!

Copper Contributor

@dsatworkwrote:

I'm having the exact same problem and as workaround I unchecked " Automatically send email without prompting the user" It's a hassle to have to manually send all of my email but it eliminates the duplicate email and does clear the activity.

Unfortunately, unchecked "Automatically send email without prompting the user" in not a viable option when running several contacts on a single tasks. Beyond being a hassle, I'm a form believer in not filling down that rabbit hole - workarounds merely  gives the quality assurance or Product Management team at Swiftpage a reason to push the issue to the bottom of the "need-to-fix" bug list. Hey, there's a workaround so it's not a priority (see "the reason for the medium priority on this defect is due to the availability of low-impact workarounds for the issue" at Re: Search "Today" in date field not working in Act! Premium Version 19.1.63.0 - I'll note this bug/issue/"defect" has yet to be fixed (original post on 03-10-2017).

Copper Contributor

Yes...I agree.. but I still need to get my work done in the mean time.

I've been using ACT almost as long as you have and hope for the best with every upgrade.

What I don't understand is why they haven't integrated more mail merge template features into smart task email?
We should be able to insert the Salutation to personalize the email.
Copper Contributor

@dsatworkwrote:
What I don't understand is why they haven't integrated more mail merge template features into smart task email?
We should be able to insert the Salutation to personalize the email.

AGREE!

Copper Contributor

Do you know if they have a fix for this yet? 

Copper Contributor

Well, seven months and four updates later, this bug has not yet been addressed. No, it has not been fixed. I'm running Act! Premium Version 20.1.120.0, Update 7 and it's still a major issue.

Perhaps someone has some insight for us. Has this issue been logged? 

Copper Contributor

Someone from Swiftpage needs to address this issue...the smart task feature is broken has been for quite some time and needs to be fixed.