Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Pemium Plus V22 Tables Christmas Present

Highlighted
Silver Contributor

Pemium Plus V22 Tables Christmas Present

[ Edited ]

Just looked at the Industry ready tables you can download for Service and Support Contracts and was amazed that these had not been created with both a link to Contact and Company tables, just contact table, needs to be both if used commercially and of course Sample Templates cannot be changed.

I then tried to create my own and found the new wizard very limiting in that I could not find a way of having a parent table field apart from Company and Contact field to appear in my created child table. Might be me so anyone else had experience with the new Plus table building features? Is there a new knowledgebase article on the new table building of V22? Found how to add the contact and company field but not any other fields from the linked parent tables.

I like the incremental field and tested and it works. Snag is when this is exported as part of the schema and then imported to another database it reverts to a Char field. Design team please note and add to issues to be fixed.

For all of the negative comments I was able to build a fully working Service Ticket and Contract database linked to Contacts, Company and Opportunities in less than an hour. I have experience of Access and SQL database building so am sure this helped but the wizard is very easy to use.. 

Maybe a bit quick in my praise! Having created the table with the Contact and Company as parent tables if I add a ticket from the contact it does not add the company to the form. OK I thought, might be linked to more that 1 company so click on the company button to add the company and every company in the database is offered. Exactly the same in reverse if I add a ticket to a company, when selecting a contact all database contacts are offered instead of just the linked contacts. Again is this me? Normally when building a database you can select the join type but it seems it is stuck with a many to many link.  

NB> Update >  Problems in above para were resolved after an update from Swiftpage.

Found another problem with my Support Contracts database. I should be able to create a dynamic Group using the new table. I can create the group and a criteria but it does not add any contacts to the group so this part does not work. (At lease on the tests I have done.) Again would welcome feedback if others have got this to work.

Update > This bit still not working.

Highlighted
Silver Contributor

Re: Pemium Plus V22 Tables

[ Edited ]

Here is a Service table for you to try out if you have ACT V22 PLUS

Unlike the one that Swiftpage designed it is linked to Contact, Companies and Opportunities.

No Guarantees and you will need to add in the incremental part back to the ticket number by editing that field. 

Unzip and then load via the import schema option. 

NB Would very strongly suggest making a copy of your database with a new name and trying on that before importing to a live database.

Things to note -

I was not able to get dynamic groups to work on the custom table and think this is a bug yet to be sorted by Swiftpage.

Yet to find a way of reporting the whole contents of the table or exporting to Excel except through SQL but this might just be me.

Happy Christmas

Chip

Highlighted
Silver Contributor

Re: Pemium Plus V22 Tables Demo

Firstly the missing export icons have now appeared after one of the updates  so I can now export a selection from any table.

Have updated Service Support demo table to include a parts sub table.

Download zip and unpack and then import from Custom Tables tab in ACT to try. Always firstly back up your database or try this on the ACT demo database.

Would welcome feedback, positive or negative. If you have ACT Plus lets share ideas.