Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

PSA: The Web Site Administration > User Account has issues with passwords that have symbols

PSA: The Web Site Administration > User Account has issues with passwords that have symbols

If you use a password like

,8^H&H>-?-WNv=?\

you will have issues where you can enter the password in the Edit User Account dialog and it will succeed and let you continue on to add/remove database but if you click Test back on the user account page it will fail and Test DB will also fail.

I have this setup on two separate systems one where Act for Web worked and another were it was not working and I was able to break the one that was working by changing it to the password above and when I set them both to a password with only upper and lower case letters they both worked.

This is with Act! Premium (Web) Version 21.1.187.0, Update 4.

I haven't experimented to figure out whether this is only related to certain symbols or sequences.

Hopefully this helps someone else, or future me, find this work around.

I haven't opened a support case on this as it isn't worth it to me but if you ever do and get this issue resolved please update this thread.

Highlighted
Silver Contributor

Re: PSA: The Web Site Administration > User Account has issues with passwords that have symbols

The symbols / or \ should never be used in a password.

Recommend symbols from MS for use are 

exclamation point (!), dollar sign ($), number sign (#), or percent (%)

Hope that helps.