Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

PLEASE help!!

PLEASE help!!

Been fighting with ACT network sync for DAYS!!

Scenario: ACT premium inst on WinSvr2008r2.  All updates=ok. Have a remote dbase setup on home PC (updated also). Network sync also installed (listening on port 65100). Verified listening on 65100 with netstat. Opened pinhole on router to 65100 with correct internal ip. With portqry, shows listening on internal ip but NOT with public ip (have also tried from remote...NOT LISTENING on port 65100). Have tried to disable firewall (win) and with it enabled but put allow rule for 65100, ACT net, etc., no luck! Also have Symantec Endpoint Protection on server but tried it with it enabled/disabled.

PLEASE help!

Desperate!

Nickel Contributor

Re: PLEASE help!!

use the following command to test connectivity
telnet {externalIP} 65100

If this responds with an HTTP error your system will sync, if it does not you have a problem with routing of a firewall is blocking port 65100.

Use this KB: http://kb.sagesoftwareonline.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/25125/kw/firewall
Travis Rosevear ACC for
Act Today Australia and New Zealand

Thanks for the reply! No matter what I try, I simply cannot punch through to port 65100 from the outside. I've tried to disable firewalls and then tried to create rules in them to no avail. I've tried a variety of ports within the allowed range...to no avail. There's SOMETHING blocking those ports and I simply cannot find it. But I've got port 2012 open and CAN reach it from outside!! I'm going to simply set up a quick VPN connect to get the users in and let them sync that way (it works).

Frustrating!!

Copper Super Contributor

Are you sure you have all the exceptions in the antivirus on both sides?
KB article #25125
Thanks!

Leanne Evans
sosoftsol@gmail.com

Yes, ma'am! I know I'm missing something but I simply cannot find the block. I called the service provider to ensure the port wasn't blocked (and found out they have a DSL line condition problem...had to send a tech out there to fix...sigh). I'm going to keep plugging at the problem...

What's really confusing me is that I had NO problem opening port 2012 but find that 65100 is simply not gonna "play" with me!!

Here's scenario: AT&T DSL (Netopia router) to an Untangle firewall (tried with firewall and other features off/on and with exceptions), WinSvr2008 r2 (tried with Win firewall off/on...all profiles...and with exceptions), Symantec Endpoint Protection hosted and running on server (tried off/on and with exceptions)...

While inside the server (vpn), I can telnet to the local ip/port without problem..as soon as I get out and go for the public ip...zip, nada, "cannot connect"...

I'm sure I'm missing something that's probably simple...just can't figure it out!

In the meantime, I've set up a common remote user for the ACT clients and I'm in the process of setting them up a quick VPN connect. There's only about a dozen ACT users and they won't be sync'ing often so this approach should work...

I guess I built their network/server a bit too strong for my own good!!

Thanks for the reply!!