Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Outlook synchronization

Tuned Listener

Outlook synchronization

I have just installed Act! Pro Version 20.1.120.0, Update 6 on my new Windows 10 machine.

I have MS Office installed. Outlook is 2016 MSO (16.0.10228.20134) 32-bit.

When I try to select Outlook as my mail system (as I did on the predecessor system), I get this:

Capture.JPG

It sees to me this should be a reasonably seamless process, as it was for the previous installation. I have had suggestions to uninstalll and reinstall Office, but that is a non-starter for me. I'd switch to a different CRM before going through that process.

Does anyone have any actionable information for me so that I can get this system working the way it did before?

Employee

Re: Outlook synchronization

Try Office Quick Repair from Control Panel
Its an easy process.

https://support.office.com/en-us/article/repair-an-office-application-7821d4b6-7c1d-4205-aa0e-a6b40c...

Reboot and try Act! again.

Nickel Super Contributor

Another possible reason (had this a few times...):

Outlook is not set as the "Standard APP" for Email in the Windows settings.

Andreas Schlesselmann
Melville-Schellmann GbR
Germany
www.melville-schellmann.de
Tuned Listener

I was finally able to solve the problem by reinstalling Outlook. This wiped out my calendar, but I was able to restore it from a backup.

This is not the first time I have had the problem, and I have had the same problem (or far worse) with an earlier install.

I have been using Act from the time when it was a DOS program. It is inconceivable to me that there would still be any problems of such a serious nature in a program as mature and widely-used as this one.

At least it's fixed. Thanks to everyone for the help.