Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Outlook not visible in Act! Preference tab / Sysnchronsation MS Outlook and Messagerie

Outlook not visible in Act! Preference tab / Sysnchronsation MS Outlook and Messagerie

Hi,

I just installed Sage ACT! Premium 2011 (Version 13.1.111.0, Hotfix 1) and Microsoft Office 2010 on a new PC.

Unfortunately, when I click the "configure" button in Act! Preference tab / Synchronisation, "MS Outlook and Messagerie", Outlook is not visible. (This is a french Act! version, I assume the English version's tab is "MS Outlook and mail").

Act! just a tell:
"There is no default mail client or the one used cannot satisfy the mail request.

Please run Microsoft Outlook and define this program as default mail client "

(the following error message is the one I have, as I translated by myself with my low english level ;-)

Then the only  available option is : "Internet mail"

I've never add this issue on my other PCs, but using Office 2007's Outlook.

Anything special to perform with Office 2010 ?

Thanks for help !

Regards,

Olivier

Employee

Re: Outlook not visible in Act! Preference tab / Sysnchronsation MS Outlook and Messagerie

Do you know if Outlook 2010 is 32 bit or 64 bit? (if not, in Outlook go to file in the top left corner, then "help" and in the middle of the screen there should be an option for about outlook. click that and on the top line where it says Microsoft Outlook 2010 it will say at the end whether it's 32 bit or 64 bit). Only 32bit versions of Outlook interact with Outlook. Please see the below article if you are using a 64 bit version of Outlook.

Error:”Either there is no default mail client or the current mail client cannot fulfill the messaging request. Please run Microsoft Outlook...” When Installing Sage ACT! Premium Web Outlook Integration
http://kb.swiftpage.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/33061

You could also ensure Outlook is configured as your default mail client. I'm not Microsoft trained, so if you search for "make outlook default mail client" you'll be able to find how to do this.

Re: Outlook not visible in Act! Preference tab / Sysnchronsation MS Outlook and Messagerie

Outlook is supposed to be 32 bit.
I check once I'm back to home, thanks.

Olivier
Employee

amendment to above: .... Only 32bit versions of Outlook interact with Act!. Please see the below article if you are using a 64 bit version of Outlook.

Hi,

Thanks for you replies.

I had to l move for a business trip, but once I'm back, I check as per your suggestions.

Regards

Olivier