Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Outlook message does open up when clicking email address in ACT!

Accepted Solution Solved
Accepted Solution

Outlook message does open up when clicking email address in ACT!

[ Edited ]

Greig,

My issue isn't that Oulook emails don't attach .. that's all working fine.  But I can't click on an email address in Act! and have the Outlook new email window pop up any more.  I've chosen Outlook as my default email program, but when I click on the email address, my system hangs up for a minute or two and nothing happens.  Also, Act.Outlook.Service doesn't show up in my Task Manager applications any longer.  Under Processes, it's listed, but under CPU I have 00 and Memory says 58,516 K.

[Edit: Subject line edited to match topic of post]

Message Edited by ghollister on 06-01-2010 11:57 AM

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Accepted by ghollister (Platinum Elite Contributor)
‎09-25-2015 03:20 AM
Nickel Super Contributor

Re: Outlook message does open up when clicking email address in ACT!

You might also check to see that the history folder is not filled with emails and/or error messages that cannot be attached.  Sometmes, the email itself (or the .xml file that gives the actual email its instructions about where to attach) could be damaged.  So you may need to delete all the emails that are waiting to be manuallty attached, then go back and re-attachment them from Outlook.  Brenda

Brenda Dixon
ACT! Certified Consultant
Dixon Consulting Solutions
404-405-4116
brenda@dixonconsultingsolutions.com
www.dixonconsultingsolutions.com
www.GoToAssist.com/sb/dixon (FOR SUPPORT)

View solution in original post

All Replies

To follow up, I use Act! 2009 Premium and Outlook 2007.  I've been an Act! user since ver. 2 and have never had this problem before a couple of months ago.  My OS is Vista Home Premiium.
Platinum Elite Contributor

It could be an emaill or virus scanner diaabling the Act Outlook Service or it may be User Account Control (UAC) in Vista. First try disabling UAC and rebooting. Instructions are in KB Article 20220. After the reboot, make sure the Act.Outlook.Service is running under Processes in the Task Manager. If not, the browse to C:\Program Files\ACT\Act for Windows, locate Act.Outlook.Service.exe and double-click. You may also want to make sure that service is part of your machine's startup configuration.

Greig Hollister

Note: Effective 6/1/13, Sage no longers provides support for the Act! software. This is now provided by Swiftpage.

Solution
Accepted by ghollister (Platinum Elite Contributor)
‎09-25-2015 03:20 AM
Nickel Super Contributor

You might also check to see that the history folder is not filled with emails and/or error messages that cannot be attached.  Sometmes, the email itself (or the .xml file that gives the actual email its instructions about where to attach) could be damaged.  So you may need to delete all the emails that are waiting to be manuallty attached, then go back and re-attachment them from Outlook.  Brenda

Brenda Dixon
ACT! Certified Consultant
Dixon Consulting Solutions
404-405-4116
brenda@dixonconsultingsolutions.com
www.dixonconsultingsolutions.com
www.GoToAssist.com/sb/dixon (FOR SUPPORT)

I fixed it!!  It was the box in the right hand lower corner that shows progress on attached emails to Act!.  The Not Attached tab was full of emails.  I deleted them all and now I am able to click on an email address in Act! and the Outlook new email window pops up with the appropriate email inserted.  Who knew???????