Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Outlook emails not recording into ACT history

Accepted Solution Solved
Accepted Solution

Outlook emails not recording into ACT history

Hi

We have just upgraded from Act V18 Client to V21 Web.

One of the problems I'm having is not being able see sent email from Outlook to appear in contact history.  I have set Outlook as the default program in preferences.  See attached.

Would appreciate any help with this.

Cheers

Paul Vassallo

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Accepted by topic author PaulZoom
3 weeks ago
Nickel Elite Contributor

Re: Outlook emails not recording into ACT history

If you are configuring this for the first time in Act! Premium access via web you must download and install the Act! Outlook Integration software before you can configure the preferences. For more information Click here

Warnings:

• If you also have the Act! program installed on your computer, it is strongly recommended that you uninstall Act! from your machine prior to proceeding with the steps below. Attempting to use both at the same time can lead to contact and calendar duplication.
  • For Act! versions 2013 and later: To avoid duplicate calendar and contact data, it is strongly recommended that you choose only one supported application (Microsoft Outlook or Google) to integrate with Act!

1.png

Juan Carlos Otero Garcia
juancarlosotero@protonmail.com
Twitter @MiInformativo

View solution in original post

All Replies
Solution
Accepted by topic author PaulZoom
3 weeks ago
Nickel Elite Contributor

If you are configuring this for the first time in Act! Premium access via web you must download and install the Act! Outlook Integration software before you can configure the preferences. For more information Click here

Warnings:

• If you also have the Act! program installed on your computer, it is strongly recommended that you uninstall Act! from your machine prior to proceeding with the steps below. Attempting to use both at the same time can lead to contact and calendar duplication.
  • For Act! versions 2013 and later: To avoid duplicate calendar and contact data, it is strongly recommended that you choose only one supported application (Microsoft Outlook or Google) to integrate with Act!

1.png

Juan Carlos Otero Garcia
juancarlosotero@protonmail.com
Twitter @MiInformativo

Thanks Juan.  I'll give it a try.  Cheers

Astute Commentator

We're having the same problem, but not with every user. For me, I can go into outlook and manually send emails to ACT using the ACT plug in. This works fine, albeit I have to reconnect the database each time. However it doesn't do it for me and one other automatically like everyone else. Any ideas?

Using Windows 10, Outlook 2016, Act Premium V21, Update 5. 

Copper Contributor

I posted this previously but didn't get any response so I thought I'd tag it onto this discussion as it is 'similar' to what we are finding.

Getting similar (although different) issues here when trying to view 'attached' mails. some are legible, and open correctly but some get the same error message, as below

"We can't open {file nam}. It's possible the file is already open, or you don't have permission to open it. To check your permissions, right-click the file folder, then click Properties."

it seemed to happen across the time of 3rd/4th Jan to 7th / 8th Jan 2019. MIGHT be a happen that there was an update at that time?

what I have discovered when 'opening' in Note pad is that the format of the 'un-openable' mails ALL start with the same 'wrong header'

eg a mail that will NOT open is like this:-
? ?  ?  ? >  ? ? 

But a 'proper' mail is like this:-
ÐÏࡱá >  þÿ 
or like this,
ÐÏࡱá >  þÿ 

which looks VERY similar :-)

Thanks for info Juan,

You definitely put me on the right track.  However, it seems we have some deeper issues with our set up.  We have secured the vendor consultant to help us resolve these. 

Thanks again,

Cheers

Paul Vassallo

Copper Contributor

SORTED !!!

Got help from ACT support who removed the ACT software (which I'd done a few times) but then they also went into the registry (& HKEY etc) and various other 'deeper' zones to properly purge all references to ACT .. . . . . . . It is not like old software where simply delete the programme and it all goes away ..

also in mean time there ARE issues with attaching documents, they reckon it will be fixed middle February