Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Outlook emails not recording into ACT history

Outlook emails not recording into ACT history

Emails do not show into History.... nor even when I manually insert a new history... it only happened today. Need someone's help!

Administrator

Re: Outlook emails not recording into ACT history

Hi Gloria,

What version of Act! and Office do you have installed? Have you tried restarting Outlook or your PC entirely?

We have a Knowledgebase article that covers the reasons why this can occur, and suggests solutions. I would suggest working through them in order: http://kb.act.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/19948

Hi Gary,

I have Act! Premium Version 17.2.217.0, and Office 2013.

Yes, I did re-start Outlook and my PC (for several times).

Actually I got help from Juan Carlos Garcia (Nickel Contributor), yesterday. Have followed his instructions but still it doesn't work... I got in contact with him already.

I will have a look at the link you have sent me.

Thanks for your time and support.

Gloria

Hi Gary,

I have replied already your questions a few days ago...

I can see now that the emails/new history appears into ACT History but with 1 day delay.

Would appreciate your help here.

Thanks,

Gloria

Administrator

Hi Gloria,

Do you mean that the history only appears after 1 day, or that the history appears with the incorrect date associated with it?

If the history is not appearing until 1 day later, I would double check that your history queue folder is empty. Look for the History Queue Folder section in the Knowledgebase article I posted above.

Hi Gary,

That is correct: the  the history only appears after 1 day.

I have followed the instructions given by Juan Carlos and you, but I have noticed that the file Act.Outlook.Service.exe is a PDF file and maybe it has to be a XML file? On the other hand, when I follow step 7, I cannot find Act.Outlook.Service.exe, in order to double click on it. I only have Act.Outlook.Service (not sure if this is important)

So, when I am at the History Queue, I have 3 folders: Errors, Holding, Logs. The 1st 2 are empty and the Logs one, only contains XML docs...

Therefore, I couldn't follow the last procedures...

Thanks in advance for your support.

Gloria

Administrator

Hi Gloria,

I'm unsure what you mean by the Act.Outlook.Service.exe is a PDF file.
If you have Act.Outlook.Service then you likely have file extensions disabled in Windows. This is fine. You can enable them by following the info on this page http://www.pcadvisor.co.uk/how-to/software/how-show-or-hide-file-extensions-3341794

I think some further troubleshooting is needed for this issue. I would suggest speaking to an Act technician or Certified Consultant to get more hands-on help with this issue.

Hi Gary,

Please have a look to the attached file, when I was following the procedures from the link you have sent me a few days ago, in order to solve the history problem.

From the task manager, I cannot see Act.Outlook.Service.exe (I can only see Act.Outlook.Service (without extension). Does it matter? If not, then can I follow the procedures from here:

Act.Outlook.Service.exe is not running or did not start properly
You may be able to resolve this by starting or restarting the Act.Outlook.Service.exe process.

1. Open the Task manager, then click the Processes tab
  2. Look for and select Act.Outlook.Service.exe, then click End Process

Note: If you do not see Act.Outlook.Service.exe, skip to step 3

3. Browse to one of the following locations, depending on your version of Act!:

Act! Pro or Act! Premium: C:\Program Files (x86)\ACT\Act for Windows
    Act! Premium (access via web): C:\Program Files (x86)\ACT\Act for Web

4. Locate and double-click Act.Outlook.Service.exe
  5. Test recording history again

and  then follow the next procedures, from the link you have sent me?

Thank again.

Gloria

Administrator

Yes that is fine. It seems that the task manager has changed slightly, and now doesn't show file extensions in processes. Act.Outlook.Service is the correct service which should be stopped.
Bronze Elite Contributor

Just so you know the program that attaches emails to ACT can take some time to link them but not a day. Just wonder if you look say after 30 minutes if the email appears in history.