Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Outlook emails not recording into ACT history

Accepted Solution Solved
Copper Contributor
Accepted Solution

I keep having this problem.  Premium Web Support remoted in and fixed all the problems with my email sync.  Now it is doing this again.  From the contact page, I will click the EMAIL Button at the top of the screen.  It will not come up at all. 

What keeps going on with this lovely ACT V18??

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Accepted by topic author nassman
‎02-24-2016 07:15 AM
Administrator

Re: Outlook emails not recording into ACT history

Hi nassman,

Please can you confirm if you are using Act Premium Cloud though a web browser or the Act Desktop Client?
What version of Outlook are you integrating with?

Here is a Knowledgebase Article on troubleshooting the Outlook integration for Premium Web and Cloud. Please work though the steps in order, testing along the way: http://kb.act.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/20056

View solution in original post

All Replies
Solution
Accepted by topic author nassman
‎02-24-2016 07:15 AM
Administrator

Hi nassman,

Please can you confirm if you are using Act Premium Cloud though a web browser or the Act Desktop Client?
What version of Outlook are you integrating with?

Here is a Knowledgebase Article on troubleshooting the Outlook integration for Premium Web and Cloud. Please work though the steps in order, testing along the way: http://kb.act.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/20056
Copper Contributor

I am running Act! Pro Version 18.1.103.0, Update 2 with Outlook 2010 (32 bit) in MS Office Pro, on Windows 7 Pro, 64 bit.

I recently had the same setup, but with the 64 bit version of Outlook 2010. I successfully deleted all traces of the 64 bit version, and was able to install the 32 bit version. of MS Office Pro. Now Act! Pro Version 18 can use Outlook 2010, as the default email program.

However, I don't see the menu tab in Outlook 2010, that let's the email become a history item in Act! Pro Version 18.  How do I make this happen automatically, when I choose to send a contact an email in ACT?

How do I solve these issues?

Administrator

Hi Harold,

This can be caused by a number of things. Here's a knowledgebase article that offers solutions to most of these. http://kb.act.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/23022

You version of Act, Windows and Office are all compatible so you can skip the first step, but i would suggest working through the rest in order.

Copper Contributor

Hi Gary,

Thanks for your reply!

I did install Outlook 2010 32 bit after ACT was installed! However, after I installed Outlook 2010 32 bit, ACT recognized it for a few day. I was able to use Outlook as my email client. I did notice that the ACT add-on to Outlook was not available. But I was able to click (in ACT) Write, Email Message, and the Outlook email client would open. Then yesterday it was no longer there.

I ran Option 1 from (http://kb.act.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/23022). Both Compatibility tabs are identical.

I disabled my user account as instructed in Option 2. I will delete ACT and reinstall, as instructed under .Outlook was installed after Act!  I will get back to you on the results.

Thanks!

Copper Contributor

Hi Gary,

I got ACT to recognize Outlook again.

But I skipped the step of uninstall/reinstall ACT. I went to the step where I altered the file permissions for mapisvs.inf.

I still can't synchronize my calendar and phone book with Outlook. I followed to steps  in: The ACT! address book was not properly added. When I go to Tools Preferences and select the Email tab, I can't anything available to choose for synchronization.

Also I can't any ACT add-on in Outlook, when I follow the instructions.

Maybe this all will be solved, if I bite the bullet and uninstall/reinstall ACT!

Thanks!

Administrator

[ Edited ]

HaroldSJS wrote:

Maybe this all will be solved, if I bite the bullet and uninstall/reinstall ACT!

Hi Harold,

I think that's likely your best option.