Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Outlook email only works one direction

Tuned Listener

Outlook email only works one direction

I have Vista fully upto date and have applied the latest Act update. Now my email works only in 1 direction. In Outlook I can send, attach etc, create act contacts - all works. In Act if I click on the email icon or select from the menu nothing happens. Once I got an Actmail.exe error message.

Any ideas - can find nothing in the KB

Incidentally now my database synce works fine - never been able to get it to work prior to this update.

Platinum Elite Contributor

Re: Outlook email only works one direction

Hello,

Some additional questions:

- What version and build of ACT! are you using (from Help/About ACT!)?

- Was the email was working before you applied the last ACT! update? Or the last Vista update?

- What version of Office are you using?

- Are there any issues with Word or Excel integration?

- Are you using Outlook or ACT! Email as the the email client for ACT!?

Greig Hollister

Note: Effective 6/1/13, Sage no longers provides support for the Act! software. This is now provided by Swiftpage.

Copper Super Contributor

Sounds like your Email preferences got changed to the default ACT Email instead of Microsoft Outlook.  If you get that error message, ACT is trying to load the ACT Email client.  I've seen this take almost 2 minutes to initialize before, though this was an exception and not typical on most of our Vista Business machines.
Tuned Listener

No I had to change it to Actemail to get it to work. Still does not work correctly with the live Act2010
Tuned Listener

ACT! by Sage Premium 2010 Version 12.0.409.0, Hotfix 1. Yes it worked prior to the Beta update. Excel and word integration work fine. I was using Outlook as the client but that will only wotk if Outlook is not already loaded, then it loads outlook and presents me with a email form.