Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Outlook Synch for Email and Calendar Not Loading Initial EXE File?

Outlook Synch for Email and Calendar Not Loading Initial EXE File?

Operating on Windows 8 Pro and Windows 10 Pro, with Surface Pro 3's and Dell laptops on ACT for Web.  Using Internet Explorer but getting same results in Firefox as well.

When I try to run the EXE file to integrate Outlook Calendar and Email, the exe file will not download.  No error messages are given, it just says it cannot download and then quits Internet Explorer.

It works on some computers and some computer it will not download at all.  I checked the C drive under Programs and I can see all the integration files that have been downloaded but none are the EXE file.

any ideas?

Re: Outlook Synch for Email and Calendar Not Loading Initial EXE File?

What version of Act! are you using? 

It may be necessary to open the settings option in IE and add your Act! for Web site to the trusted sites of the browser.

Peter

Re: Outlook Synch for Email and Calendar Not Loading Initial EXE File?

Hi Peter!  Thank you for responding.  We are running version 17.1.156.0

I added the site to the compatibility setting, then I added it to the Trusted sites under Security and we allowed pop ups.  We have a standard process and it's usually not an issue, I have no idea why it's not loading on this computer.  Our IT Support team cannot figure it out either, it's like all files have been downloaded except the executable file.  Please see attached image of folder andACT Screen Shot.jpg downloads.