Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Outlook Sync

Nia

Outlook Sync

Hi there,

I would like to know how I can get the Company information to automatically appear in Company list after an Outlook  - ACT! 2011 sync.

I would like to not have to create a company from a contact!

Thanks so much!

Silver Contributor

Re: Outlook Sync

Sorry, the Act Outlook sync piece as well as every add in that i'm aware of syncs ACT contacts to Outlook contacts.

Test Drive Act! and Quickbooks over Citrix http://GoTryAct.com

Jon Klubnik| ActTrainer.com
(866)710 4228

ACT! Certified Consultant / ACT! Premier Trainer / ACT! Hosting Provider

Nia

That's great!  However, what I meant was that once you sync your Outlook contacts with ACT!, you still have to create company to connect (or have a relationship with) that contact.  Why doesn't ACT! automatically create a company for every single contact if it has a company associates with it - without creating duplicate companies of course!

I.e..

Suzy Cupcake

Operations Manager

Cupcakes R Us

Once I sync this, I still have to create a NEW company called Cupcakes R Us for Suzy.  For a person that has over 1,000 contacts, this will be overwhelming.

Silver Contributor

It's a common feature request.  THere is a pretty inexpensive addin that does this.  Contact your favorite ACT consultant.

Generally, we don't sugest creating companies unless you sell to large organizations.  Just make contacts. Will make you database use much easier.

Test Drive Act! and Quickbooks over Citrix http://GoTryAct.com

Jon Klubnik| ActTrainer.com
(866)710 4228

ACT! Certified Consultant / ACT! Premier Trainer / ACT! Hosting Provider

Nia

Thanks for the advise!

Platinum Elite Contributor

Hello Nia,

Two add-ons that come to mind that can do this are Company Wizard and CompanyMaker.

Greig Hollister

Note: Effective 6/1/13, Sage no longers provides support for the Act! software. This is now provided by Swiftpage.