Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Outlook Sync with ACT2013 does not add Ring Alarm to Outlook

Tuned Listener

Outlook Sync with ACT2013 does not add Ring Alarm to Outlook

Hi,

I am using ACT2013 and Outlook 2007 and when I sync my Outlook Calendar the message is created but does not add the Alarm time assigned. I add it when creating a meeting message and I also add the Alarm time below.

When I sync with Outlook it does not carry the Alarm part of my message but the message is updated in Outlook. When I sync to my Blackberry Bold it adds the message but again no Alarm.

Please advise if there is something I can do to fix this.

Thanks,

Glen

Platinum Elite Contributor

Re: Outlook Sync with ACT2013 does not add Ring Alarm to Outlook

Hello Glen,
This may be due to your Outlook calendar sync preferences in ACT!. If in the Advanced Preferences you have selected "Ring activity alarms in Outlook", then no alarm will be created when you sync that activity to ACT! (since you are telling ACT! that you only want an alarm in Outlook). If you want alarms to show for activities you created in Outlook to show in ACT!, you need to select the either ACT! or ACT! and Outlook ring alarm option. Keep in mind that if you choose ACT! only, then the alarm for the Outlook activity you synced to ACT! will be removed from Outlook on the the next sync.

Greig Hollister

Note: Effective 6/1/13, Sage no longers provides support for the Act! software. This is now provided by Swiftpage.