Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Outlook Sync Doesn't work

Outlook Sync Doesn't work

Under Outlook contact sync tab, program won't let me choose the type of contact to sync so therefore it will not sync any.

Administrator

Re: Outlook Sync Doesn't work

Hi Leoklim,

Are you talking about the Contacts and Calendar tab in Tools > Preferences > Email & Outlook Sync > Outlook Synchronization Preferences?
Do you get any error messages when trying to select the synchronization method?
Is your database selected at the top of this window?
What version of Act and Outlook do you have installed?

Yes, that's the options I am trying to select.  It just won't let me highlight any option so the # of records to search shows 0.
The database is shown at the top of the screen.   I get no error messages.  I am using Windows 7 Professional.  The database is on a server with about 12 users.  I am using ACT Premium ver. 16.

As a side note, if I send an email using Smart Task, that will post to history and appear in Outlook.

Administrator

When you say you are unable to highlight any options, what do you mean? Are you able to click the checkboxes next to the sync sets?
Please could you post a screenshot of this window so we can see what you mean.
Thanks.

That's exactly the problem.  It will not put any checkmarks in any of the boxes.  I've tried to check each one and none of them work.

Administrator

[ Edited ]

Hi Leoklim,

A screenshot of this issue would help us say for sure, but I believe that this may be due to Act being run on a high DPI display.
Here are a couple of Knowledgebase articles that offer advice on how to deal with running act on high DPI displays:
http://kb.act.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/26349
http://kb.act.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/38200

There is a third-party utility available which may fix this issue for you. This fix has now been included in v18 of Act and above.

changing DPI did not solve the problem.

Administrator

Did you try the utility I linked?