Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Outlook Message Attachment Failing

Outlook Message Attachment Failing

Hello,

We have a client that uses Act on Multiple computers, on one particular machine we are running into a problem with Act attaching emails to Act Contacts. Not sure if this is done by default but ACT seems to be trying to attach every email that is sent to a contact. When this does not work because some email contacts are not ACT contacts the the Failed attachment Icon shows up. As the list of failed attachments builds and ACT keeps retrying to connect these messages to contacts the Act.Outlook.Service.exe service sky rockets in memory use slowing the computer to a crawl.

We can, and do as of right now, remove the emails from the list manually but this is not a very convenient solution.

Is there any way to stop this from happening?

Running:

ACT Premium 2010 Version 12.1.181.0

Outlook 2007

Win 7 Pro

Nickel Super Contributor

Re: Outlook Message Attachment Failing

I have an Idea

Initially check the features you chose in the integration between ACT! and E-Mail.

I recommend you use the recommended options, additionally choose the option that says "Exclude my Record From History "

It is important for the incoming and Outgoing E-Mail  selections Use the Option "Subject and Message (Recommended)"

good luck

I know very little about ACT, could you tell me where to go to check these settings?

Here are some extra details that I have discovered during while trying to solve this issue myself.

Applied a change to the users ACT to create contacts if contact doesn't exist with messages in the fail queue that were not being attached. 
Did a retry to connect on these messages and they came back with contact does not exist. 
Cleared the fail queue and sent an email to an address that was not in the ACT database. 
Address did not show up in the fail queue but didn't end up in the database as a new contact either.

Another possible symptom I noticed is that even with the fail queue cleared and showing 0 messages left to attach, about every 10 seconds a message is processed.