Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Outlook Integration

Accepted Solution Solved
Copper Contributor
Accepted Solution

Outlook Integration

For some reason Outlook integration is not working fully... Calendar items created in ACT v11 will be copied to Outlook 2007, but items created in Outlook do not migrate over to ACT no matter which integration setting I use. Any ideas??

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Accepted by topic author onceamatrixman
‎09-25-2015 03:20 AM
Copper Contributor

Re: Outlook Integration - Error Messages

Fixed it!!!! SQL Server (ACT7) was not running! Went to services.msc and started it, integration works perfectly now! I still have a question though... I'm thinking that SQL Server for ACT should be set be set to run automatically not manually as it was, correct??

View solution in original post

All Replies
Copper Contributor

Re: Outlook Integration

Follow-up on the Outlook integration issue. I just noticed the following error message in the Scheduler Log:

========SCHEDULER SESSION - 12/8/2008 12:01:08 PM ========
Start Date/Time: 12/8/2008 12:00:00 PM
Database: xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

User Name: xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Machine Name: xxxxxxxxxxx
Type of Event: Outlook calendar integration
Task Frequency: Between 6:00 AM and 9:00 PM every 2 hours
Result: Task Not Completed
Errors: Failed to log into the database. Object reference not set to an instance of an object.

Any ideas what the error means?? Thanks

Copper Contributor

[ Edited ]

Another new error message:

========SCHEDULER SESSION - 12/10/2008 12:00:05 PM ========
Start Date/Time: 12/10/2008 12:00:00 PM
Database: xxxxxx
User Name: xxxxxx
Machine Name: \xxxxxxxxx (this is the server that is hosting the multi-user database)
Type of Event: Outlook calendar integration
Task Frequency: Between 8:00 AM and 8:00 PM every 2 hours
Result: Task Not Completed
Errors: Failed to log into the database. The process cannot access the file 'C:\Users\xxxxxxx\AppData\Roaming\ACT\ACT For Windows 11\Act.Devices.Entities.FieldMetadata.XML' because it is being used by another process.

*note: scheduled time changes are because I deleted and created a new scheduled task

Message Edited by onceamatrixman on 12-10-2008 09:38 AM

Has this worked before using the scheduler?  If you manually copy the calendars from with ACT! (Tools > Outlook Calendar Integration), do you experience the same issue?

Copper Contributor

Thank you for responding David. yes the same thing happens when manually selecting Calendar Integration, which is that nothing happens. I did just notice that the scheduler log does not have an error for the last scheduled integration, but the calendar events did not copy between applications.

As far as I can tell integration worked once or twice in the beginning - we have just installed 2009. Thanks again.

[ Edited ]

Try the steps below:

- First, remove Calendar Data that copied over in the past (Tools > Outlook Calendar Integration > Remove Calendar Data)

- After its done, close ACT! and follow this KB to run database maintenance.  Database Rebuild and Repair Procedures

- Then from within Outlook, run detect/repair (Help > Detect and Repair...).  Uncheck both boxes and click Start.

- Restart Outlook, open ACT! and try to copy calendars again.

Message Edited by dlunceford on 12-11-2008 10:21 AM
Copper Contributor

[ Edited ]

I'll try that David, but which Knowledge Base should I run???

Edit: I just remembered ACTDiag (been a few years since I used ACT). So I just ran it as the Admin and I get another error message saying that it cannot connect to the SQL Server Instance. So I'm guessing this is my problem... But how do I connect to the SQL Server Instance?? It's a local Vista Machine with a SB2003 server. Thanks Again

Message Edited by onceamatrixman on 12-11-2008 07:21 AM

Solution
Accepted by topic author onceamatrixman
‎09-25-2015 03:20 AM
Copper Contributor

Fixed it!!!! SQL Server (ACT7) was not running! Went to services.msc and started it, integration works perfectly now! I still have a question though... I'm thinking that SQL Server for ACT should be set be set to run automatically not manually as it was, correct??

Correct, it should be set to start automatically.  SQL Server (ACT7) is required to open local databases.