Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Outlook Integration & ACT! Premium 2012 Version 14.1.108.0

Copper Contributor

Outlook Integration & ACT! Premium 2012 Version 14.1.108.0

We recently upgraded to Act 2012 and I have been using the built in outlook integration to get my schedule and contacts loaded to my device via outlook.  I set the automatic sync to run every 30 minutes and stopped working.  I went to look at the settings and my previously selected database was no longer listed.

I do occassionally open another database, but only use one for my calendar and contacts and outlook integration. 

Why does Act forget my settings?

Is there any way to get them to stay?

I also changed the color to Sage Silver and that keeps reverting to Green - and my Navbar options keep going back to the default with everything listed, but I only want Contacts, Calendar & Search. 

Are all versions of Act still having problems with preferences getting lost or forgotten?

Thanks for any help or advice.

Platinum Elite Contributor

Re: Outlook Integration & ACT! Premium 2012 Version 14.1.108.0

Hello chargreaves,
This could happen if the preferences file is damaged. Follow the steps in the bottom half of this Knowledgebase article to manually rebuild the preferences file:
http://kb.Sagesoftwareonline.com/cgi-bin/Sagesoftwareonline.cfg/php/enduser/std_adp.php?p_faqid=1477...

You may also want to ensure that your video DPI setting is not higher than 96 (normal). This has been known to cause issues with the ACT! preferences. More information is in this KB article:
http://kb.Sagesoftwareonline.com/cgi-bin/Sagesoftwareonline.cfg/php/enduser/std_adp.php?p_faqid=2634...

Greig Hollister

Note: Effective 6/1/13, Sage no longers provides support for the Act! software. This is now provided by Swiftpage.

Copper Contributor

Hi - we still have this issue after rebuilding preferences, and checking all the other recommendations, but I have a small clarification. 

We actually do not lose the previously set up preferences in the Outlook Synchronization Preferences.  The database name & machine name are not displayed at the top and when I click on Change, they load and only the password is missing

Is there anything I can do to keep this from forgetting my password? 

I have automatic synchronization set to run frequently, but am not a heavy calendar user myself so it is not a problem for me, but others at my firm rely on calendars in Outlook to reflect what their assistants put in Act and it is becoming an annoying problem for people who rely on this to run automatically.

Thanks for any recommendations.

Copper Contributor

Not sure if this could be related but I was having a similar issue.

Is the PAD file you are pointing to located on a network share? If so, try copying it to the local machine and then point to the local PAD file.

This solved my issue.

Copper Contributor

Thanks for the suggestion.  I do have our database and the .pad, and other templates Act files/data located on a shared drive. 

I just copied the .pad file over to my local computer and mapped it in the settings.

One question/clarification - will I still be able to have other people schedule meetings in my Act Calendar and have them sync to Outlook?  I guess I will find out if anything changes soon, but I would like to get this fixed for a few other people who have this problem after I test to make sure it works without messing up any other settings/preferences, etc.

Thanks!!!

Copper Contributor

It shouldn't matter where your PAD file is located because it's just an XML with a .PAD extension that points to the database on your server.

If you open it with Notepad you'll see that the information in it just has the database name, the Host name (name of your main server) and the location of the .ADF file.

It will look something like this:

<?xml version="1.0" standalone="no"?>
<!DOCTYPE ACTDatabasePADFile>
<!--This file represents a Pointer to an Act Database or [PAD]-->
<ACTDatabase name="databasename" host="servername" location="E:\folder\databasename.ADF" type="Sql" />

So no matter where you open that file from as long as you have access to that folder and your hostname resolves properly via DNS you should be OK.

I can't see doing it this way affecting any of your other settings as it didn't afffect any of mine when I had this issue. 

Correct me if I'm wrong!