Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Outlook Email attached to ACT have text truncated at about 80 characters

Copper Contributor

Outlook Email attached to ACT have text truncated at about 80 characters

I'm using Outlook 2010 and have tested this issue with ACT Premium 2011 through 2013.

test email is an HTML email in Outlook with zero carriage returns.  It's just a long run on sentence.  We click on Attach to ACT Contacts and it attaches to the chosen ACT record.

In ACT the new history record appears, but on 2 out of 3 machines we're using as part of this test, the attached message in ACT has carriage returns added.  If you open the record full screen it looks like the long run on sentence email has had the RETURN key pressed at about 80 character intervals.

On the third PC that we did the same email attachment from, the ACT history record does not have any carriage returns.  The record in ACT has text that fills the record window from side to side, even as you resize the window.  The plain text in the record window does not have any hard returns.  This is what the client wants, as this is ideal with the record box is part of an ACT Report where we would not want the carriage returns - we would want the text to fill the dimensions of the text box.

All the PCs are running Outlook 2010.  I think the setting must be in there, but a cross reference of settings has not shown anything different.  I cannot figure out why one machine is able to attach these HTML messages properly while the others cannot do so without these extra carriage returns.  Would really like some assistance on this and would be happy to clarify the situation further if this message was not sufficient.

Copper Contributor

Re: Outlook Email attached to ACT have text truncated at about 80 characters

Here is a screenshot of the HTML message attached and filling the entire ACT history record from side to side from the "working PC".

Copper Contributor

Re: Outlook Email attached to ACT have text truncated at about 80 characters

Here is the ACT record that shows the extra carriage returns being added to the text from a HMTL email attached from Outlook 2010.