Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Outlook Calendar sync hangs at Activities

Skilled Commentator

Outlook Calendar sync hangs at Activities

I have the setting to sync the calendar set and have tried numberous times to sync the calendar activities.  I've set it for 1 day back and have tried 30 and 60 days in the future.  The progress bar just hangs at the Synching Activities and I have to close it. It has worked in the past but seemingly intermitently.   I"ve let it go for hours to get no where.  I have Premium 11 and Windows 7 with Outlook 2010

Platinum Elite Contributor

Re: Outlook Calendar sync hangs at Activities

Hello mistilayne,

There could be more than one possible cause. Here are some things you can try:

- Disable User Account Control (UAC) in Windows. Instructions are in KB Article 25665. Will require a reboot.

- Run maintenance on your database. From ACT!, go to Tools > Database Maintenance > Check and Repair.

- In Outlook, delete any old, unneeded activities from your Outlook calendar. Also put your Outlook calendar in list view and see if there any activities with no name and delete them.

- Delete any old cleared activities from your ACT! Database. You can do this from Tools > Database Maintenance > Remove Old Data. If you have a lot of old uncleared activities in ACT!, then clear them (or erase them) and remove them as well. Run the database maintenance mentioned above after doing this.

Greig Hollister

Note: Effective 6/1/13, Sage no longers provides support for the Act! software. This is now provided by Swiftpage.

Skilled Commentator

Tried all of these and still hangs.  I've kept old items in the calenar for the past year.  I really do need to hang on to that much at least although deleted the rest of about 8000+ old items.  Nothing holding up the Outlook calendar it is clean.  I've changed the settings to 60 days not 90 days in the Act settings and still only 1 day back but continues to hang.  Any other ideas?  I had the same problems when testing before the 11 release.

Thank you

Was there a solution for this?  I have identical symptoms - tried upgrading to ACT! 2012 Pro - still no good.