Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Outlook Calendar Sync changes the meeting time on Outlook calendar

Outlook Calendar Sync changes the meeting time on Outlook calendar

I have started using the Outlook calendar sync and have this problem where the meeting will appear on my outlook calendar without a problem but the time is always two hours behind what the meeting should be (ie. 10am meeting in ACT will show up as 8am meeting in Outlook after sync).

I have checked my time zones for Windows, Outlook and ACT and they are all the same, so I'm pretty sure it's not in the general time settings.

Any suggestions, or anyone else have the same issue??

Dan

Platinum Elite Contributor

Re: Outlook Calendar Sync changes the meeting time on Outlook calendar

What version/build of ACT! - from Help | About?
Are you sync'ing Outlook to something else - eg Exchange, Google or a phone?

Sage ACT! Premium 2011 Version 13.1.111.0, Hotfix 1

I am syncing Outlook with my BlackBerry but I checked all the timezone settings for my BlackBerry and those are correct as well.

It's not just a question of time zones ... it's the different way they are calculated

If you want to have ACT! data reliably on the Blackberry, you should use something like Handheld Contact

My real issue has nothing to do with syncing to my BlackBerry.  As I mentioned in my original post, the issue is that when I sync ACT with my Outlook calendar, it puts the meetings on my calendar two hours behind the meeting time that is in ACT.  It has nothing to do with the time zones either.  

What do you mean it has nothing to do with time zones, it's the way they are calculated?  Is that related to the time difference that is showing up when the meetings from ACT are put onto my Outlook calendar?  

Yes... I found this happened with ACT! 2011 also.

With 2012, it's a bit better, but some activities (eg recurring to-dos) seem to be one day forward in Outlook.

It's not the time-zones specifically, it's that the way the offset is calculated (especially for DST) is not done properly. You might try updating to Hotfix 4 (needs to be done on ALL systems sharing the database) and see if this changes the calculation)

The problem with going via Outlook to the Blackberry (especially if wanting to sync in BOTH directions) is that you'll end up creating duplications in contacts and activities.

If using Outlook only to get data on the Blackberry, I'd strongly suggest using something more reliable, like Handheld Contact ... as mentioned above

Doesn't sound like there really is a solution, and this is probably just another bug in a long list of growing issues with ACT that can seemingly only be fixed by costly upgrades. For me, the worst part is that new versions are never perfect either and will have bugs of their own. I am not naïve enough to think that ACT is the only CRM system with issues...but.....this particular issue is the straw that broke the camel's back. We are due for an upgrade, which I am foregoing for a different solution altogether. Time to take my CRM to the cloud. Bye ACT.....

As you say, all software has bugs especially with new features (Outlook sync was only added in 2011, and isn't supposed to be used for a phone sync)

Handheld Contact gives you ACT! like data on the Blackberry and works really well ... you might give it a try before going to the effort of data conversion and re-training

I don't think I'm quite explaining myself properly here.  The sync with my handheld is not the issue and it really isn't something that I'm concerned with.  Bottom line is Outlook will not sync properly with ACT 2011 Premium and that was the reason for my initial post.  Forget all the stuff about handhelds, etc.

I recall that there were different results with the sync to outlook with the different builds. You might try updating to HF6 as per this ACT! Knowledge Base article -

http://kb.sagesoftwareonline.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/27440

You need to apply it to ALL systems sharing the database.

But you will run into issues with activities and contacts either disappearing or duplicating if also sync'ing Outlook to a phone.