Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Accepted Solution

Outlook Add In won't work

Highlighted
Platinum Elite Contributor

Re: Outlook Add In won't work

Hello John,
What version/build of ACT! are you using? Go to Help > About ACT! for this information.

Greig Hollister

Note: Effective 6/1/13, Sage no longers provides support for the Act! software. This is now provided by Swiftpage.

Highlighted

Hi ,

Having a similar issue.  All of a sudden Act! and Outlook stopped corresponding (June 28th).  I have an older version of Outlook (2003) and 2010 Act!  Was working fine but now, nothing.  Have tried most of the previous suggestions.  No icon in my Outlook toolbar.  Any ideas (short of replacing 2003 for which I have no funds at present)?
GJ

Highlighted
Platinum Super Contributor

Hello GJ,

Welcome to the Sage ACT! Online Community!

It sounds like the ACT! Address Book has been removed or the ACT! add-ins for Outlook have become disabled.  Here is an article with steps for troubleshooting this issue: KB Article 23022

Greg Martin
Sage
Highlighted

Since I purchased ACT 2012, I have not been able to achieve the results I wanted.  All I wanted was to have ACT exchange mail messages,  calendar schedule, and contacts data with Outlook 2007.  I have installed Service Pack 1.

Since Stage ACT 12 is not a signed trusted agency for Outlook 2007, I have changed the macro security to warning using the TOOLS/TRUST CENTER. Every time I start ACT, I am asked if I want to add ACT macros and I say yes.  I am able save message from Outlook into ACT. The contact data exchange works when I synchronize with Outlook. However, Calendar data will not synchronize.

Any suggestions?

roberthkimble@gmail.com

Highlighted

This could be the result of a corrupted activity within ACT! or Outlook.  Reduce the time frame being synchronized to 1 week and test the sync.  If successful, increase the timeframe and test again.

Greg Martin
Sage
Highlighted

Re: Word documents don't attach

Different issue; moved to own post for greater exposure.

Highlighted

Thanks for the suggestion, but that does not seem to work.

Highlighted
Copper Elite Contributor

I have a client in which the addins tab only has two ACT icons in Outlook.  Reading this thread I trieded to attach the ACT address book without sucess because it isn't even available at this point (see image below).  Any ideas?

The Add New E-mail Account - Directory or Address Book Type window opens. Click Additional Address Books, and then click Next.

Tony Holowitz
Arlington (Boston), Massachusetts
781-728-9777

www.tonytheteacher.com
www.365ActTips.com
www.TeachAnOldDogNewTricks.com
Highlighted
Bronze Super Contributor

Tony, unsure if you've done this already or not, but I've found that I've been able to add the address book if I do it from Control Panel | Mail 

When I've done it via Outlook itself, it hasn't seem to always work or be visible.

Highlighted
Copper Elite Contributor

Re: Outlook Add In won't work...Address book unavailable

I've tried everything I can think of and then some.  Having said that, some digging revealed that my client has different versions of Microsoft Office on her computer.  I wasn't in a position to delete unused versions like the teacher and students addition.

Microsoft Office works, but when you look at the version issue it appears unregistered.  Have you seen multiple Microsft Office versions create conflicts when attempting to connect ACT and Outlook to record email histories?

Tony Holowitz
Arlington (Boston), Massachusetts
781-728-9777

www.tonytheteacher.com
www.365ActTips.com
www.TeachAnOldDogNewTricks.com