Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Outlook 2016 messages not being recorded as ACT! v19 History

Accepted Solution Solved
Accepted Solution

Outlook 2016 messages not being recorded as ACT! v19 History

addins used to have quick attach, now only show the companion link professional i use to sync (had to add that when act & outlook wouldnt talk)

short version:  about a week ago records stopped attaching to ACT , found out outlook had disabled ACT so i enabled, and did all the restarts, but still not connecting records.

should i disable or remove the companion link now that i think ACT and outlook talk together?

I used to have quick attach and other add ins?  now all i have is companion link sync option.

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Accepted by JonTaylor (Administrator)
‎04-23-2018 02:11 AM

Re: Outlook 2016 messages not being recorded as ACT! v19 History

thank you, found out running outlook as administrator & act not as administrator so it would not post history until they both matched.

I did enable the addons, so thank you for that.

View solution in original post

All Replies
Administrator

Hi modosl,

Which version of Act! are you using?

I can see from the image you've provided here that the Act! Outlook AddIn is in the list of "Inactive Application Add-ins", this is why you won't have an option for quick attach etc.

You can try enabling the add-in by going down to the Manage drop-down at the bottom of that screen, choosing COM addins and ensuring the Act! Outlook AddIn has a check next to it.

With regards as to whether or not you should remove the CompanionLink Addin, I don't know for sure - but you can try disabling it by going to Manage > Disabled Items and ensuring the CompanionLink addin is disabled - it's possible that this addin suppresses the native act one.
Solution
Accepted by JonTaylor (Administrator)
‎04-23-2018 02:11 AM

thank you, found out running outlook as administrator & act not as administrator so it would not post history until they both matched.

I did enable the addons, so thank you for that.

Administrator

Glad to hear you resolved the issue - thanks for keeping us updated!