Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Outlook 2016 Integration Issue Fixed, Almost

Accepted Solution Solved
Copper Contributor
Accepted Solution

Outlook 2016 Integration Issue Fixed, Almost

Below copied and pasted here. Yes, the issue is fixed; however, on my PC the Act! Integration Service does not sync at the scheduled time, 10:00 pm. It syncs when I wake up my PC in the morning. Using Office Pro Plus 2016, Windows 10 Ideas? "RESOLVED: Outlook 2016 integration issues - READ ME [ New ] Options Thursday Update Regarding Act! and Outlook 2016 Integration for Act! v18 and v19 Customers Last week, we informed you of an update recently released by Microsoft that impacted Outlook integration for Act! customers running Outlook 2016. If you were impacted by this issue, we’re happy to let you know that we will be releasing an update that resolves this issue. Below is the release schedule by Act! version. Please visit the Act! Download Center to access your update on its release date: Act! v19.2 Update 2: Thursday, June 29th Act! v19.1 Update 5: Friday, June 30th Act! v19.0 Update 6: Friday, July 14th Act! v18.2 Update 5: Friday, July 14th To view a full list of what’s been fixed, click here. While we recommend installing this update to ensure your product is up-to-date, there is a manual workaround you can implement now. Visit this KB article for instructions. Because Microsoft releases updates on an increasing frequency, to reduce risk of compatibility issues in the future, we recommend that you set your Office preferences to receive updates on the deferred channel. For more on what this means, and instructions on how to change your preferences, click here. Being on an active Act! subscription is the best way to continue to receive critical updates to protect your product from newly introduced compatibility issues when Microsoft and other business platform providers release updates. For more help troubleshooting Outlook Integration issues, view all related Knowledgebase articles on the Outlook Integration Troubleshooting page. The Act! Team"

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Accepted by topic author RickyRay
‎07-12-2017 04:53 AM

Re: Outlook 2016 Integration Issue Fixed, Almost

Hi Ricky,

Thank you for providing your version information.

If your PC is in sleep mode at the time scheduled. this will also cause the Act! Scheduler to sleep and will run at the next available time. this is the way i would expect Act to behave. 

View solution in original post

All Replies
Copper Elite Contributor

Delete your synch schedule and make a new one; try again
Eventually also delete the "metadata" files in the synch folders before your next attempt.
Andreas Schlesselmann
Melville-Schellmann GbR
Germany
www.melville-schellmann.de
Solution
Accepted by topic author RickyRay
‎07-12-2017 04:53 AM

Hi Ricky,

Thank you for providing your version information.

If your PC is in sleep mode at the time scheduled. this will also cause the Act! Scheduler to sleep and will run at the next available time. this is the way i would expect Act to behave. 

Copper Contributor

That makes sense. I set the sleep mode to NEVER. I'll let you know if it works. Thanks for the great tip!
Copper Contributor

I set the sleep mode to 3 hours, and that solved the problem. Act! Integration with Outlook now syncs at the scheduled time. Thank you!

Brand new PC

Installed Office 2016 with Outlook 16.0.1776 - One of the buggy ones

Downloaded the latest Act! 18.2.53 update 6

No Outlook

Run repair from Act! - No change

Run Act! repair in Admin mode

Run full repair on Office - No change

Remove office

Reboot

Remove Act!

Reboot

Install Office

Reboot

Setup Outlook Profile

Install Act!

Reboot

No Outlook available

Is this actually fixed?

Hi Adaptable,

Would you be able to clarify the issue that you are experiencing? We do currently have some new issues with the latest build of Outlook 8229 that we are tracking.

Copper Contributor

Yes, I am experiencing problems as well. Just this morning I got the message that Act! Integration had stopped working and had to close. I restarted Act! Integration and when I viewed the history, there was none. All previous days history were gone. I am also running Act! Scheduler. My Outlook is build 8229. I am going to roll it back to an earlier build until the problem is fixed.
Copper Contributor

Did "Act! Premium Version 19.2.146.0, Update 3" fix the problem?

In update 3 this issue has been resolved32bit Act.Outlook.Service.exe shows as 64bit in description. Email histories are not attached.