Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Outlook 2016 Calendar & Act v19! Sync

Accepted Solution Solved
Astute Commentator
Accepted Solution

Outlook 2016 Calendar & Act v19! Sync

I cannot seem to get meetings that were scheduled in Outlook to show up in Act!   Any idea?

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Accepted by topic author chtipton
‎02-20-2017 08:21 AM
Administrator

Re: Outlook 2016 Calendar & Act v19! Sync

Hi chtipton,

Please right click on the Act! Integration Service icon in your system tray (blue envelope) and let us know if there are any errors that appear under Synchronize with Outlook > View History.

If you see the error message “Error in MAPILogonEX: MAPI_E_CALL_FAILED”, then please refer to the following Knowledgebase article: http://kb.act.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/38580

View solution in original post

All Replies
Astute Commentator

We are using Office365 and Act! v19 locally and can't sync up the schedules at all.

It would perfect with Google though but NOT Outlook.  Any ideas?

Solution
Accepted by topic author chtipton
‎02-20-2017 08:21 AM
Administrator

Hi chtipton,

Please right click on the Act! Integration Service icon in your system tray (blue envelope) and let us know if there are any errors that appear under Synchronize with Outlook > View History.

If you see the error message “Error in MAPILogonEX: MAPI_E_CALL_FAILED”, then please refer to the following Knowledgebase article: http://kb.act.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/38580

Astute Commentator

You are the man Gary!  That fixed my problem!  Thanks!!!!

Astute Commentator

Dang!  It seemed to work for a bit and then when it updated, it deleted all the meetings from Act!   I checked and have them to synchronize with Outlook and Act!   Smiley Sad

Administrator

Hi chtipton,

I'm assuming your activities/meetings are still in Outlook?

Try clicking Tools > Synchronize with Outlook > Synchronize Calendar with Outlook. Are the activities then added back to Act?

If this does not solve the problem, then follow the solution in the Knowledgebase article below, but only if you do not also synchronize your contacts with Outlook:

http://kb.act.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/28356

I would recommend taking a backup of Act! and your Outlook profile before trying this solution.

If you do also synchronize contacts with Outlook, you'll need to delete only the calendar metadata files from within the Outlook Sync folder mentioned in the article above.

Astute Commentator

This is really frustrating and strange!  It will work for a bit and then it will delete all of my calendar events in Act!   I've tried everything but it doesn't seem to be very reliable and we will probably have to stop using it and find something else because it's so unreliable.   (big sigh).   

Administrator

Hi chtipton,

Did you follow my suggestions to recreate the Outlook Sync folder?
Astute Commentator

Yep!  It showed the calendar in Act for about 10 minutes...updated again and they were gone!  I have no clue now!  Grrrrrr

Administrator

[ Edited ]

We haven't been able to replicate this issue internally but have had a couple other reports of it occurring in v19. Please could you provide the following info so that we can continue to investigate this issue:

1. Full build of Act! (found in Help > About Act!)
  2. Full build of Office (found in File > Office Account > About)
  3. Windows version
  4. Are you still able to sync the meetings in Outlook back into Act!, but then later seeing them disappearing from within Act!?
  5. Was the database updated from a previous version of Act! or was it created in v19?
    • Was the activity/calendar sync with Outlook in place before the upgrade was done?
  6. Are there any errors in the sync log (blue envelope > Synchronize with Outlook > View History), or in Windows event viewer that occurred during an attempted sync or when activities are deleted from Act!?