Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Accepted Solution

Outlook 2016 Calendar & Act v19! Sync

Copper Contributor

Re: Outlook 2016 Calendar & Act v19! Sync

I can not update the channel. Will ACT be working on a fix for all versions (bought or subscriber)?

Employee

For V18 and up Act! has patches to work around the Outlook bug Microsoft recently released

Please check: In Act! Help > Act! Notifications 

or:
https://www.act.com/resources/downloads/act!-premium-v19-downloads

example.png

Copper Contributor

Thank you. Downloaded and installed but Act still not accepting or Outlook not sending activities.

Attached are snippets of error messages. the source is not listed but is the same as the exception.

[ Edited ]

This issue appears to be a relatively new defect from the 8th September: Cannot sync Activities from Outlook to Act! when using 64bit Outlook.

For your reference the defect number is: D-07424

While we have referenced changing to deferred channel for Outlook the issues reported were related to 32 bit and not connect to 64 bit version.

Apologises @Sharlap but I hope this will be addressed shortly.

Highlighted
Copper Contributor

In March of 2017, this long time user (and supporter) of Act! abandoned Act! because of a two-year long (frustrating) attempt to get Swiftpage to fix the (many) problems we were experiencing.  Even though they admitted that the problems were identified as Act! problems, no resolve ever came. We abandoned Act! and went with Zoho and after seven (7) months of seamless and bug-free service, I'm sorry we waited so long to move away from Act! Out of morbid curiosity I came into the forum today to see if Swiftpage ever got their 'Act' together, but I see that the integration problems continue, And now I see they are blaming Microsoft.  I'm just happy not to have to deal with Act! any longer.

Copper Contributor

We too are long to me users, 20+ years. We spent a lot of money upgrading. So frustrated. Thank you for the inspiration to change.
Copper Contributor

I am also a long time of Act! and am just as frustrated as everyone else, but I don't know what other choices are available.
Administrator

[ Edited ]

Hi all,

I'm sorry to hear of your frustrations, and sad to see some of you move away from Act! because of them. We're constantly evaluating defects that have been logged, and looking into how they can be resolved. Of course, some take longer than others, but we try to prioritise these issues based on available workarounds, and the number of customers affected.

Let's please keep further posts in this thread on topic, supportive and in line with the Community guidelines.

@Sharlap Please could you provide us with a little more detail about your PC environment?

• What version of Windows are you running?
  • What is the complete version number of Act! you have installed? (Check in Help > About Act!)
  • Can you confirm you're using the 64bit version of Office? (Check in File > Office Account > About Outlook)
  • How are you accessing your database? Is it stored locally on your PC, on a network server, or synced with a remote database.
  • How many people are using your database?
    • Do any others also experience this issue?

As this issue is noted to only affect Microsoft Office 64bit, it should be possible for you to resolve the issue by switching to the Office 32bit as a workaround until the issue is fixed.

Copper Contributor

Hi Gary, Yes I am frustrated, but I will stick with Act! and hopefully when Act! 20.1 is released all of the Act!/Outlook Integration problems.will be fixed. I am using Act! Premium Version 19.2.146.0, Update 3 and Office 2016 V1705 (Build 8201.2193 Click-to-Run) 32-Bit. Copied from the Product Information page. "As this issue is noted to only affect Microsoft Office 64bit, it should be possible for you to resolve the issue by switching to the Office 32bit as a workaround until the issue is fixed." The problem also exists with the 32-Bit Office!
Copper Contributor

Please could you provide us with a little more detail about your PC environment?

• What version of Windows are you running? Windows 10
  • What is the complete version number of Act! you have installed? (Check in Help > About Act!) I believe I gave you the complete version in the previous post. I am out of town and not in an area I can remote in.
  • Can you confirm you're using the 64bit version of Office? (Check in File > Office Account > About Outlook). Yes, 64 bit.
  • How are you accessing your database? Is it stored locally on your PC, on a network server, or synced with a remote database. Network Sever.
  • How many people are using your database? 20
    • Do any others also experience this issue? All users. 

As this issue is noted to only affect Microsoft Office 64bit, it should be possible for you to resolve the issue by switching to the Office 32bit as a workaround until the issue is fixed. We've just recently upgrade to office 2016 64 bit. It didn't sync with 2010 or 2013 32 bit.