Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Outlook 2016, ACT 19.2 Update 3, Outlook Add-in not showing in Message Window Ribbon

Accepted Solution Solved
Copper Contributor
Accepted Solution

Outlook 2016, ACT 19.2 Update 3, Outlook Add-in not showing in Message Window Ribbon

I've searched through all sorts of threads regarding the ACT Add-in and issues people have had with it over time.  Nothing seems to match what I'm seeing right now on a Windows 10 PC running Office 2016.  ACT Premium 19.2 Update 3 installed.

The ACT Add-in shows up in Outlook on the main Outlook screen ribbon, but the same active Add-in does NOT appear in the message window ribbon.

On my older ACT 17 with Office 2010 setup the message window ribbon has access to the same ACT Add-ins tab that the main Outlook ribbon has.  Is this a change in Office 2016 or is something wrong with my setup that can be corrected?

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Accepted by topic author vacogroup
‎09-15-2017 09:13 AM
Administrator

Re: Outlook 2016, ACT 19.2 Update 3, Outlook Add-in not showing in Message Window Ribbon

Hi vacogroup,

Unfortunately this is a limitation of Office 2016 & 2013.

Office 2010 is the only supported version that allows the Add-ins tab to load on a 'popped out' received email window.

It's also worth noting that there were some changes changes made to Act! v19 to improve compatibility with later versions of Outlook. While the Add-ins tab is visible in Office 2010, these changes have inadvertently caused the options to stop functioning when the window is popped out.

There are currently two defects open in this area:

• D-05711 - Addins missing from popped out email window in Outlook.
  • D-05624 - Outlook 2010 addins don't work in popped out window.

I don't have any timescales for planned fixes for these issues at the moment.

View solution in original post

All Replies
Employee

Re: Outlook 2016, ACT 19.2 Update 3, Outlook Add-in not showing in Message Window Ribbon

With the reply open still, click some open space on the ribbon to Customize.  See if Add-ins is checked.

example.png

Copper Contributor

It's for an INBOUND message that I'm wondering about, so I can attach a received message while in the message window itself.  Don't see the Add-ins ribbon on the inbound message, even though it IS checked.  Add-ins does show for reply messages.

Solution
Accepted by topic author vacogroup
‎09-15-2017 09:13 AM
Administrator

Hi vacogroup,

Unfortunately this is a limitation of Office 2016 & 2013.

Office 2010 is the only supported version that allows the Add-ins tab to load on a 'popped out' received email window.

It's also worth noting that there were some changes changes made to Act! v19 to improve compatibility with later versions of Outlook. While the Add-ins tab is visible in Office 2010, these changes have inadvertently caused the options to stop functioning when the window is popped out.

There are currently two defects open in this area:

• D-05711 - Addins missing from popped out email window in Outlook.
  • D-05624 - Outlook 2010 addins don't work in popped out window.

I don't have any timescales for planned fixes for these issues at the moment.

Copper Contributor

Have tried Update 3. No success Today is 11/24/17. Spoke to Sales and they tell me I would need to purchase Act 20 with a support plan to get support. I am happy with 19.2. Why can't I get some help in resolving this issue. It appears that others have the same issue. At present I have to copy & paste the e-mail address into a new message.

Administrator

Hi Kevin,

v19.2 is a fully supported version of Act! so you absolutely should be able to contacts our Accounts department and take out a support contract without upgrading to v20 if that's what you'd prefer.

Either way, what is the exact nature of the issue you're having, and we'll see if there's any advice we can give that might help?
JM
Nickel Contributor

Gary,

I vote to bump these issues up a few notches.  It was efficient for me to highlight in Outlook Inbox an email, go to Customize Quick Access Toolbar where I had placed the Add-In -ACT!, hover over it then click on Attached to ACT Contact. Now I have to click on Add-In Tab, then click on icon, then to jump back to Home Tab click on it.

I am running Win 10, Office 365 Deferred Channel V 1701 (bldg 7766 .2099

JM