Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Outlook 2013 sync with ACT Premium 2013

Outlook 2013 sync with ACT Premium 2013

When will we be able to access a file to correct the sync problem between Outlook 2013 and ACT? Really need this fix!

Platinum Elite Contributor

Re: Outlook 2013 sync with ACT Premium 2013

Since Outlook 2013 (actually Office Pro) is now downloaded directly from Microsoft in a different form (streamed?) ACT does not recognize the arrangement fully and will not fully sync schedules and events with Outlook, nor allow emails to be sent from ACT. It does appear that the sync is "one-way"-- meaning I can send an email from Outlook and it will record in ACT but that is it. I cannot send an email from ACT nor set appointments, etc. from ACT to Outlook. Sage says - foolishly - that I need to download a different full version of Office and not use the streamed version which according to Microsoft is the only version they offer??.

Actually, you're confusing Outlook 2013 with Outlook 365 ... Microsoft do offer both choices

Outlook 365 (the streamed version) doesn't include the files for most of the API ... Outlook 2013 does.

See: http://blog.glcomputing.com.au/2013/04/office-2013-integration-in-actcrm-2013.html
Including the points below ... and the comment on how to tell which version you have

This does not work as I stated before -- I have the Click to run version which was downloaded from Microsoft ( there was no offer for a CD version) -- I have no CD version of the Office Pro program ----------  the click to run should be supported by ACT and and I was inquiring about a release time for that fix but have not heard from ACT -------

There is a CD of Office 2013, just not of Office 365.

The problem is that Microsoft do not include all the API functionality in the CTR Office 365, which is making this a difficult area for many developers.

But, if you have a look at the notes I posted in that article, you'll see that I've got it working by installing the trial of Office 2013, then installing Office 365 over the top.

You might give that a try

I do not have Office 365 --- I am using Offoce PRO 2013

Copper Contributor

Any version of Office 2013 bought in a regular store will be a Click To Run version with no way in heck to get a full version.

If you want a full version your only option is to get Office 2013 Standard or Professional Plus through a Volume License Key agreement.

But...

Act should however fix their stuff to work with the new office version. It's been out for nearly half a year now.

No, you do not need a Volume licence for Office 2013 Std/Pro ...
http://www.microsoft.com/business/en-ie/how-to-buy/Pages/buying-1-4-copies.aspx

The issue is that Microsoft haven't included the DLLs in the CTR version that Act! (and many other products) use to connect