Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Outlook 2010 and Act! 2011 sync not working

Outlook 2010 and Act! 2011 sync not working

Hi Guys,

Our server (Win 2008 64 bit) is running Act! 2011 for Web with SP1 and Hotfix 2 installed.  It serves Act! web pages fine.

I have 2 users on clients with Win 7 64 bit, using Outlook 2010 32 bit.  Browser is IE8 32 bit.

In both cases the Sage Act! and Outlook Synchronisation Service does not work properly.  Essentially it allows the user to set up login details to the database (there are several) and shows the panel greyed out for choosing settings for Synchronise Contacts and Synchronise Calendar. 

Why?

Any idea what might be wrong....

Thanks in advance.

Sheridan

Re: Outlook 2010 and Act! 2011 sync not working

Sometimes, when you're in the window actually setting up synchronization, you have to select the database before it will let you do anything.  That's right at the top of the Outlook Synchronization Preferences screen.

Act Screen

Tuned Listener

I've also notice, that once you setup the outlook/act sync, you need to restart outlook.

Hi Guys... thanks for the replies.

Yes I have chosen the database and entered the username and password, which it has recognised and accepted.  I have also reloaded Outlook.

But on two different PC's it still does not give me the ability to select the sync parameters for Calendars or Contacts.

Really puzzled.

Sheridan

Tuned Listener

Did you check the user permissions?

Under the Tools menu there is an option to Manager Users.  About the third screen when you edit the user, there is some permissions you can adjust.

Joe.

Thanks Joe,

boh users have Administrator permissions... so I don't think it is that.