Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Outlook 2010 and Act 2011 WEB - address book is on the list yet i cannot use it and few problems

Tuned Listener

Outlook 2010 and Act 2011 WEB - address book is on the list yet i cannot use it and few problems

[ Edited ]

Hi there, i have configured AFW and its good working, i can add and update everything.

Windows 7,Outlook 2010 Act 2011 with HF4.

now i try to configure it with outlook to use it for sending/receving and attaching mails. i downloaded and install adinn , in outlook i have act adressbook(AAB) on the list of adressbook i can configure pluginn so that i can change what options shougl be recorded, but :

1) as i try to solve name when new message  there is no AAB on the list,

2) as i try to set rules and i try to use "sender is in specified AB" when i try to specify which AB is sender in it also do not show AAB on the list 

3)as i log in in windows as normal user  not administrator i can sent mail from act but the mail history is not recorded, i cannot attach mail from outlook ( its is run as administrator for all users) .

So it seems that AAB i on the list but i cannot use it ,  

Also i cannot synchronize contacts with outlook ( should i use it if i only need contacts from act in outlook and AAB is on the list of books? ) , it just  gives me message "  Contact synchronization failed" when on the sync status bar is "Getting contacts from ACT"

EDITED : it seems that i solve 3 ,  i change user account to administartor (to have all rights to system folders which that program needed especialy to programfiles and syswow64 (no running as administrator wont work ) than instal outlooksetup.exe than change user back to standard account Smiley Happy also i change interval just as stated here: http://kb.sagesoftwareonline.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/19948/kw/history i do not know which of those steps help but i works for me . still there is still problem that outlook 2010 cant use act adress book even if it is on the  adress book list. so if anyone can help please do not hesitate Smiley Happy

Platinum Elite Contributor

Re: Outlook 2010 and Act 2011 WEB - address book is on the list yet i cannot use it and few problems

Hello Roman,
Glad to hear you got most of your issues resolved. First, try disabling User Account Control (UAC) in Windows 7:
http://kb.Sagesoftwareonline.com/cgi-bin/Sagesoftwareonline.cfg/php/enduser/std_adp.php?p_faqid=2566...

Also, can you please clarify what you mean by "cant use act adress book even if it is on the adress book list."? Does this mean you can see it in the list of address books in Outlook but cannot access or edit it? What happens when you try to do so?

Try the steps in this Knowledgebase article to make the APFW address book the default in Outlook:
http://kb.Sagesoftwareonline.com/cgi-bin/Sagesoftwareonline.cfg/php/enduser/std_adp.php?p_faqid=1352...

Greig Hollister

Note: Effective 6/1/13, Sage no longers provides support for the Act! software. This is now provided by Swiftpage.

Tuned Listener

Re: Outlook 2010 and Act 2011 WEB - address book is on the list yet i cannot use it and few problems

thanks for answer , yet it seems that my only succes is that i can attach mail to history . 

to clarify about outlook in adress book , as i open accounts setting and adress book tab thare is act adres book on the list, but as i go as it is stated in kb which u link me in

5.In the Add Address List box, scroll down to your ACT! address book for your database, select it, then click the Add button on the left if i press Add there is no act adress book on the list anymore ( it is the same on oulook 2007 on other computer)  so it seems that there is act adress book available (since i can attach mail from outlook ) but i cant use it normal way ( eg i have contac which has email  andrew@noe.com so as i add new message and write andrew outlook should check the whole adress and give it but it wont , i have also 3 normal act premium instances and outlook and there is no problem , i can write andrew and outlook will put the rest or suggest it . 

also i have two bigger problems :

a)

as i try to run act<>outlook contact/calendar synchronization from windows tray icon on progress bar i have steps:

1)connecting to sage act

2)getting contacts from sage act and then the bar is still empty then tray message : SAGE ACT OUTLOOK SYNCHRONIZATION: Contacts synchronization failed. and nothing more to check what the heck is going on. in the windows logs of apps there is a error with mscorlib: 

Error during contact sync. The server was unable to process the request due to an internal error. For more information about the error, either turn on IncludeExceptionDetailInFaults (either from ServiceBehaviorAttribute or from the <serviceDebug> configuration behavior) on the server in order to send the exception information back to the client, or turn on tracing as per the Microsoft .NET Framework 3.0 SDK documentation and inspect the server trace logs. Server stack trace: w System.ServiceModel.Channels.ServiceChannel.ThrowIfFaultUnderstood(Message reply, MessageFault fault, String action, MessageVersion version, FaultConverter faultConverter) w System.ServiceModel.Channels.ServiceChannel.HandleReply(ProxyOperationRuntime operation, ProxyRpc& rpc) w System.ServiceModel.Channels.ServiceChannel.Call(String action, Boolean oneway, ProxyOperationRuntime operation, Object[] ins, Object[] outs, TimeSpan timeout) w System.ServiceModel.Channels.ServiceChannel.Call(String action, Boolean oneway, ProxyOperationRuntime operation, Object[] ins, Object[] outs) w System.ServiceModel.Channels.ServiceChannelProxy.InvokeService(IMethodCallMessage methodCall, ProxyOperationRuntime operation) w System.ServiceModel.Channels.ServiceChannelProxy.Invoke(IMessage message) Exception rethrown at [0]: w System.Runtime.Remoting.Proxies.RealProxy.HandleReturnMessage(IMessage reqMsg, IMessage retMsg) w System.Runtime.Remoting.Proxies.RealProxy.PrivateInvoke(MessageData& msgData, Int32 type) w Act.Outlook.Integration.IContactService.GetSyncSetContacts(Guid synSetID, Int32 startPosition, Int32 count) w Act.Outlook.Sync.Common.Proxies.ContactServiceProxy.GetSyncSetContacts(Guid synSetID, Int32 startPosition, Int32 count) w Act.Outlook.Sync.Common.ContactSynchronizer.SyncAllContacts(IConfigurationService configurationService)

b) the biggest problem now is that i cannot create any documents from template with word(on non web act there is no problem) , as i choose contact and then any of other(from template) from write there is window with status:

1)it download (i assume) the template from serwer

2)Reading document

3)initializing mail merge

4)Merging contact1

5)Merge cancelled  

and no word open with anything nor any other messages why is that.  

i disable uac, disable in word safe views for all files, still no succes and do not want to use act text editor.