Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Outlook 2010 - ACT intergration failure

Outlook 2010 - ACT intergration failure

[ Edited ]

Hi

Trying to get ACT 2012 premium and Outlook 2010 synchronisation working.

We have multiple computers where this is an issue. Some of the Outlook profiles have the act add-in listed and some don't.

Unable to email through Outlook from ACT and get com class error when trying.

I have installed vcredist_x86.exe and ran KB23426.bat with no problems. I have then ran the email setup through ACT with no success.

As a last resort I add the ACT address book to Outlook and it does not ask for the database / address book and says Outlook needs to restart. I restart Outlook and when you go to change the ACT address book it comes up with the Out of memory or system resources message.

Just did uninstall and install and still not working. Outlook has two ACT sync icons but when attempting to email from ACT get :

---------------------------
Sage ACT!
Could not retrieve IMessage: Interface not supported
OK  

When login to ACT and don't select a contact and click on email the new message window appears however as soon as I select a contact you get an error when clicking on email.

Followed KB:

http://kb.sagesoftwareonline.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/23848

The MAPI32.DLL showed a version number 1.0.2536.0 (Office 2003).

I renamed it old and pasted in MSMAPI32.DLL from C:\Program Files\Common Files\System\MSMAPI\1033.

After restarting Outlook and ACT it broke Outlook so when you went to send a message from Outlook after you put a recepient in the new message Outlook would close.

Removing the ACT address book from Outlook resolved Outlook crashing.

I'm starting to really believe that the MAPI32.dll could be a significant issue. The fixmapi.exe seemed to do nothing.

Any ideas?

Bronze Elite Contributor

Re: Outlook 2010 - ACT intergration failure

If you have not already done this run a repair of MS Office.