Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Outlook 2007 no longer reports history in ACT 2008 Premium

Outlook 2007 no longer reports history in ACT 2008 Premium

Once upon a time, there was a happy little girl Smiley Very Happywho could see every email she sent in Outlook when she looked in her ACT history.  

Now she's sad and mournful:Smiley Sad  there is no email history being recorded in ACT 2008 Premium when she sends an email in Outlook 2007!  It has just stopped!

ACT.Outlook.Service.exe  IS running in Task Manager, and I have stopped it, started it in the Program Files, rebooted, started it again before opening ACT or Outlook, just about every combination that you can think of ! Yet when I refresh or open ACT, no new "sent" emails are being recorded

I have checked to make sure that I have still enabled Outlook History to record in ACT, and that I have the ACT address book in my Outlook program.  (stray thought:  the ACT address book DOES update in Outlook when you add a contact, doesn't it?)

Is there any fix for this? I am trying desperately not to throw a hissy fit at my desk...:smileymad::smileyindifferent:

===================
"Women and cats will do as they
please, and men and dogs should
relax and get used to the idea."
-- Robert Heinlein

Re: Outlook 2007 no longer reports history in ACT 2008 Premium

bump
===================
"Women and cats will do as they
please, and men and dogs should
relax and get used to the idea."
-- Robert Heinlein
Platinum Elite Contributor

Re: Outlook 2007 no longer reports history in ACT 2008 Premium

Here are some suggestions:

- In Outlook, check under Help/Disabled Items and make sure the ACT! extensions aren't disabled

- Also check Help/Privacy Options/Macros and make sure the ACT! extensions aren't inactive

- Remove and re-add the ACT! address book in Outlook

- Browse to the following path in your files: C:/Documents & Settings/(your user name)/Application Data/ACT/Act for Windows 10/Email...look in the History Queue folder and see if there is a backlog of unattached emails in there.  If there are, you will need to delete them all.

Greig Hollister

Note: Effective 6/1/13, Sage no longers provides support for the Act! software. This is now provided by Swiftpage.