Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Outlook 2007 and Act Premium 2009 Too much email!

Outlook 2007 and Act Premium 2009 Too much email!

Outlook seems to be trying to attach every email to ACT. There is no ACT tab under Tools+Options in Outlook 2007 to set the history option.  The toolbars show up fine and the address book is accessible. 

The emails sometimes appear multiple times in ACT. 

How can I set it up so that the user can choose which incoming or outgoing email attaches to ACT?

I have to remove user's email addresses to keep personal emails from being stored in ACT.

Thanks,

Darla

Nickel Elite Contributor

Re: Outlook 2007 and Act Premium 2009 Too much email!

Darla - 

There are two parts to emails being attached.  One is the setup in ACT! under Tools>Preferences - this is the area that controls outbound email attaching.  The other area is an Outlook rule, configured in Outlook, which controls the incoming emails attaching to a contact in ACT!.

The easiest thing to do (if I understand what the issue is) is two steps:

for inbound emails: either do not configure, or delete, any Outlook rule that tells Outlook to attach incoming messages, and

for outbound emails: go to Tools>Preferences, then the E-Mail tab.  Go through the setup, and on step 5 of 7 is E-Mail - Record History.  Choose the drop down option "None".

Hope this helps...

p.s. if you do decide to go back to recording emails, the removal of personal email addresses to *not* have those emails attached is the best practice for this issue.

Richard Brust
ACT! Certified Consultant
richard@rbrDataSolutions.com