Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Outlook 2003 not released by ACT!

Copper Contributor

Outlook 2003 not released by ACT!

I am having an issue with one of our XP Pro machines with ACT! Premium 2009 (11.0) and Outlook 2003.

Since upgrading from ACT! 6 to ACT! Premium 2009 after a reinstall of os and ms office, I am having a problem with act.outlook.service does not seem to be letting outlook shutown properly, when the user reboots/turns on in the morning they keep getting a message form outlook saying that the outlook data folders were not closed properly and they need checking for errors.

There is no other applications installed on the pc apart from ACT and MS Office, and my other machines do not have the same issue.

Has anyone came across this issue themselves? Has anyone got a solution to this? 

Nickel Super Contributor

Re: Outlook 2003 not released by ACT!

This is a known issue with Outlook 2003.  When you close Outlook, it doesn't really close all the way.  So you have to go to the task manager (Ctrl+Alt+Del), then go to the process tab.  Then click on the Image Name column to sort the list alphabetically.  You will probably see Outlook still running, although you closed the program and it doesn't show on the running applications.  If you highlight Outlook, then click End Process, it will close Outlook properly.  The act.outlook.service item you mentioned doesn't control whether Outlook closes or not.  Hope that helps!  Brenda

Brenda Dixon
ACT! Certified Consultant
Dixon Consulting Solutions
404-405-4116
brenda@dixonconsultingsolutions.com
www.dixonconsultingsolutions.com
www.GoToAssist.com/sb/dixon (FOR SUPPORT)