Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Outlook 2003 Email Issue

Copper Contributor

Outlook 2003 Email Issue

ACT 2011 Pro end user just started having an issue on her XP PC with Outlook 2003.  When she clicks a new message a window pops up with ACT in the corner and says document template is invalid.  If I turn word off as the email editor it works.  I have deleted the normal.dot and check all addins and can't seem to resolve it.  ANyone seen this before

Platinum Elite Contributor

Re: Outlook 2003 Email Issue

[ Edited ]

Hello johnconnor,
Does this also happen is she goes to Write>E-Mail Message (from template) and chooses a template? And for clarification, is she initiating the new message from ACT! or Outlook?

Greig Hollister

Note: Effective 6/1/13, Sage no longers provides support for the Act! software. This is now provided by Swiftpage.

Copper Contributor

She only does it from outlook by clicking new, I haven't checked if it happens through ACT.

The message may be referring to the default email template that ACT! uses, which is named EmailBody.adt. Browse to the location of the database, open the (database name)-database files folder, then open the Templates folder. See if that template is there and is exactly named "EmailBody.adt".

Greig Hollister

Note: Effective 6/1/13, Sage no longers provides support for the Act! software. This is now provided by Swiftpage.

Copper Contributor

Yeah I had done that , it does exist, she has 2 different DBs and 2 different address books setup thru outlook and that file exist in both templates folder.

Is she able to generate an email message from ACT!, either by clicking the contact's email address or by going to Write>E-Mail Message (from template)?

Greig Hollister

Copper Contributor

She gets the same error from ACT or outlook if "word as the email editor" is turned on.  She gets the error and if you click ok the new message window still comes up and you can send the mail but no history is recorded, however even with word turned off as the editor it will no longer record a history either.  I'm trying to narrow down if it's act or office that is the issue.

Copper Contributor

I reinstalled Office 2003 and still does not work with word as the editor, the issue with the history I think is unrealted and may be a bug unless someone has heard of it.  This user has 2 DBs and both are setup as address books, if she has the "default" database open and sends an email the history is recorded.  If she opens the 2nd database (not the deffault)  it will not record a history and shows up in the "not attached messages tab" trying to attach them to the default database.