Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Option Groups

Copper Contributor

Option Groups

In Access (and VB, IIRC) there is something called an option group, where a cluster of checkboxes or radio buttons is tied to one variable so that only one can be checked at a time and if a change is made, the previous choice is negated.

I have searched everywhere and I don't see this functionality in ACT!, as such (or if there is, it's called something else.)  Is there any way to create a defacto option group by coding some kind of onblur event? I have two checkboxes, only one of which should be checked at any time. I'd like to have it so that if one is checked now and then the other is checked, the first one is turned off?

Thanks in advance for any help.

jma

Nickel Super Contributor

Re: Option Groups

Would a drop down field with those only those two options not work?

Take a look at the "Checkbox Button" tool that's part of this package of utilities for layouts - http://www.exponenciel.com/actaddons/actaddon.aspx?ID=148

Michael Matthews
Bridge Concepts, Inc.
Fort Worth, TX
www.bridgeconcepts.com
Copper Contributor

That addon would be awesome -- except that, like an idiot, I forgot to mention that I have version 10 and the addin is only for 11.

Thanks!

Nickel Super Contributor

Time to upgrade...you are several versions back!

Michael Matthews
Bridge Concepts, Inc.
Fort Worth, TX
www.bridgeconcepts.com
Copper Contributor

You'll have to talk to the people holding the purse strings.  We don't make such heavy use of it that upgrades (or the lack thereof) is a big deal.