Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Opportunity report outputting false data!

Opportunity report outputting false data!

I'm using ACT Premium 2009 (v 11)

Over the past year I've been able to output the report "Opportunities by product" to track and tally how much of each individual item I'm selling into a separate monthly chart in MS Excel. Normally I never have any problems- however today I'm at a loss!

One of my products, I'll call it product A, is showing that i've sold over 1400 units in the month, when I only had about 800 on hand. I figured it could have been an accident on my part inputting data- until I found that another item- I'll call Product B shows I sold 32, when I know for a fact I only sold 1, in one opportunity. 

I tried outputting a report from just that one day that Product B was sold- and it shows only a sale of 1  unit. I output a report of the month, and it shows a sale of 32 units. I decided to troubleshoot and output week by week of the month. The only week that shows a sale of Product B is the one week that I only sold 1- and it shows only the sale of 1.

Why is it that when I ask for it to report on the whole month it suddenly is adding in false information? 

Re: Opportunity report outputting false data!

I have deleted entries to figure it out, and found that I'm getting normal reports until at some point one of my entries (never consistent) pulls up the following error: 

Index was out of range. must be non-negative and less than the size of the collection.
Parameter name: index

It is after this error that my reports end up messed up. Any ideas? 

Platinum Elite Contributor

Re: Opportunity report outputting false data!

That sounds like youhave a corrupted database. Do database maintenance and the repairs from ACTDIAG and see if that helps.

Roy Laudenslager
ACT! Certified Consultant
ACT! Report Expert
Durkin Impact Report Designer
www.techbenders.com
royel@techbenders.com
541-343-8129