Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Opportunity question

Opportunity question

Hello,
We are just getting started with ACT.  We want to use Opportunities for Sales & Service.  The fields and processes are quite different.  Would you recommend creating a separate tab for Service based on the Opportunity layout?  We want all the tracking available as is on Opportunities.
Thanks much!

Gina

Platinum Elite Contributor

Re: Opportunity question

You can only have one opportunity table. You can add all the fields that you need to the opportunity table and then use one layout for sales and a different layout for service. You could have the main layout with tabs for the sales and services fields. You can have a separate processes for sales and service. Another option would be to use the opportunity table for sales and have a custom table for service.

Roy Laudenslager
ACT! Certified Consultant
ACT! Report Expert
Durkin Impact Report Designer
www.techbenders.com
royel@techbenders.com
541-343-8129

Thank you Roy.  I have a few follow up questions:
So, if we did different layouts, I assume we could still get reporting?
If we did a tab for Sales and one for Service, could we separate reporting by that tab or a field identifier?
Lastly, if we make a custom table for service, would it capture and list all activity under the contact and company for reporting?

Gina

Platinum Elite Contributor

The answer to your first question is yes but are potential problems with the ACT! reports. Mainly there isn't any option for running an opportunity report by current lookup.

The answers to your other questions are more complex and would be better handled off-line. You can give me a call at 541-343-8129. I'm in the pacific time zone.

Roy Laudenslager
ACT! Certified Consultant
ACT! Report Expert
Durkin Impact Report Designer
www.techbenders.com
royel@techbenders.com
541-343-8129