Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Opportunity input issue

Opportunity input issue

When adding a new opportunity I noticed sometimes it will switch to an opportunity already inputed. Is there a fixe to keep the opportunity I am working on in place.

Re: Opportunity input issue

Hi, 

Would you be able to provide the versions of Act you are using? you can find this from 'Help - About Act!' or if you are using a web version you can find it on the login screen. 

When you add a new Opportunity is there a particular opportunity that it switches to or will this be random?

Do you happen to know if any other user are effect or if this happens in another database?

Act! Premium (Web) Version 16.2.14.0

[ Edited ]

Have you also been able to try some of the recommendations I provided?

It goes to a random Opportunity. I asked around and another person who does alot of our contacts registration sees it happening on the contacts page, where it switched to a different contact.

Any suggestions??

Copper Contributor

i think this has to do with the lookup you've done. If you lookup a single contact, the one you want to add the opportunity, you should / will not have this issue. Act! will sometimes revert to another opportunity or contact within your current lookup (!) when adding a new contact or new opportunity.

Greetings,

ACT Certified Consultants
TendenZ
the Netherlands
Administrator

Hi Audiorick1,

I believe these issues you describe have been fixed in later versions of Act!.

Could you please let us know if the issue is occurring in the web interface, or in the desktop application?
Could you tell us the exact steps you're taking that result in another existing opportunity being displayed?
Do you have a scheduled Outlook sync set up (contacts or calendar)?

There are updates available to Act! v16, the latest version being v16.3 Hotfix 1, although I don't believe this particular issue was addressed until a later version of Act!. It's still good practice to update to the latest available version. The updates can be downloaded from here: https://www.act.com/resources/downloads/act-premium-v16