Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Opportunity change Product/Quantity decimal to the right error

J G
Copper Contributor

Opportunity change Product/Quantity decimal to the right error

Can the decimal placement be changed? After clicking "Yes", the field reverts back to the default, 5 decimals to the right.

Products Snip.PNG

Administrator

Re: Opportunity change Product/Quantity decimal to the right error

Hi there J G,

I've tested this, and it looks like once the field has been created, these decimal place settings cannot be changed.

This is likely a defect, although it could be intentional and just poorly communicated. I'll escalate the issue to be looked at by our dev team.

In the meantime, one thing you could do if you want to change the field would be to create a new field with the desired decimal places, then use the Edit Menu > Copy options to copy the contents of the old field into the new one.
J G
Copper Contributor

If i add a new field, calculations can not be altered for the new field...
J G
Copper Contributor

Keep me posted, thanks!
J G
Copper Contributor

any response from the Dev Team?
Bronze Elite Contributor

I have looked at this and the Product Quantity field is a system field that is also involved in internal calculations. System fields can rarely be changed as they impact on the internal structure of the data schema but I can understand why in this case it could be desirable. The field cannot be reproduced as a new field as it will not calculate towards totals.

I doubt this will be a quick fix and at best may be changed in a later release as I would not expect it to be seen as a critical requirement.

Maybe not what you want to hear but trying to realistic.

J G
Copper Contributor

I was assuming that was going to be the response from the "Dev Team", if i ever got one.

Thanks ch1p
Administrator

Hi JG,

This issue has been escalated as a defect, and added to the fix log.

What that means is that our dev team will assess the impact of this defect, and then prioritise developing a fix based on it's impact.

I don't have any more information on this particular defect unfortunately - however I can tell you this has been raised with "Medium" priority, meaning it impacts a small number of users in a large way - or a moderate number of users in a small way.

The Defect ID is D-05019 - you can look out for it being fixed in the fix log of any releases. I'll try to keep this thread updated if I'm made aware of any further changes.