Do you mean 

Opportunity change Product/Quantity decimal to the right error

J G
Copper Contributor

Re: Opportunity change Product/Quantity decimal to the right error

Update?
Copper Super Contributor

Any updates to this.  Just upgraded from release 16 to release 20, and I am 99.9% certain I was able to reduce decimal points to the right to zero in the older release.

I only sell products in whole units, never half of one.  My reports look weird now.

Please advise.

Mike

I am 100% certain I was able to change the decimal places in v20.1 update 7.  I just did this myself, using multiple data sets, both with and without data, and the decimal place changes have held.

If changes to that field are failing, I would figure there's an error occurring that is suppressed.  Can you make changes to other fields?

Billy Clark
Swiftpage
Act! Knowledgebase: http://kb.act.com
Highlighted
Copper Super Contributor

Billy,

re: If changes to that field are failing, I would figure there's an error occurring that is suppressed.  Can you make changes to other fields?

Yes, in fact they are sticking in other fields.  I edited the price field by changing the number of digits to the right of the decimal to five and it stuck.,

Quantity is still not changing.  In fact, it is just not getting saved at all. I change it from five to zero, finish the Edit Field window, reopen it and it is back to five digits.  

Act v20 update 7 on a Surface Book running Windows 10 if it matters.  If I knew how to record a video of this I would.  

Mike

No need for the video, I'll just keep testing.  I have several systems available to me, and I'll keep trying to reproduce this.  It's on my list of things to do during downtime.

Billy Clark
Swiftpage
Act! Knowledgebase: http://kb.act.com
Bronze Elite Contributor

I have tested on version Act! Premium (Web) Version 20.1.120.0  Update 7 on a UK and USA database and can replicate the problem.

Change decimal point to the right from 2 to 0 or from 2 to 3 and it resets back to 2. 

To be fair I am surprised it could be altered before as this is a system field used to calculate totals etc.