Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Opportunity area in ACT in need of updating and improving

Bronze Elite Contributor

Opportunity area in ACT in need of updating and improving

I was asked again to import opportunities into ACT and of course ACT does not have this facility without having to use an add-on.

In my frustration I have created a New Ideas request for the whole Opportunity area to be updated and improved and also asking for your ideas.

If you want to take a look and add your comments the link is here -  

https://community.act.com/t5/Share-Your-Ideas/Opportunity-area-in-ACT-in-need-of-updating-and-improv...

Bronze Elite Contributor

Re: Opportunity area in ACT in need of updating and improving

[ Edited ]

It's always been a mystery to me why you would need to import to create an an opportunity in Act!, other than where you were migrating all data from another CRM to Act!. Enlighten me if you would, what is the situation that you would need to do that?  

Graeme Leo
Xact Software - consultants and developers
Follow us on Twitter and check out our Blog

Bronze Elite Contributor

[ Edited ]

In todays world a lot of enquires are web driven where a prospective client fills in a form with their details and also what it is they are interested in.

The enquiry is then normally captured as an Excel or CSV file along with others into a spreadsheet.

Sometimes at this point someone in the organisation makes QA contact by phone or email, adds a note and it is at this point we need ACT to be able to import the enquiry into both contact and opportunity tables. Others want to directly import. What nobody wants to do is type it all in again!

All I can say is this is becoming a more requested feature and I believe ACT needs to respond to the challenge.

And yes, sometimes it is moving from one CRM system to another, I would like to make this as easy as possible to move to ACT and it not be a barrier to selling the product..

Bronze Elite Contributor

[ Edited ]

The issue really is about efficiency of capturing data, consistently and without duplication of process. The now ubiquitous, web form is the way that is done, spreadsheets aren't or shouldn't be part of that process they are yesterdays methods. Nobody wants to nor should, be laboriously typing data into spreadsheets. It needs to be captured directly to the CRM and web forms are key to the process. 

I agree. A more advanced and flexible Opportunities entity, central to a sales workflow for Act! is what is needed. The vendors have never understood that, ignored for over a decade by Sage and Swiftpage, they just plain don't get it. They have a narrow view, lacking the vision and will to change. It has become both Swiftpage and the customer's loss. To still persist with an embedded inflexible Excel table as the sole document output to an opportunity is testament to that intransigence and ignorance of customer need. Will it change, sadly, I don't think so. 

That leaves the only practical 'web-to-Act!' workflow solution for automated data entry as an add-on product such as we developed,Smart Forms, refer www.xactsoftware.co.nz/smart-forms

Graeme Leo
Xact Software - consultants and developers
Follow us on Twitter and check out our Blog