Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Opportunity Total Field

Copper Contributor

Opportunity Total Field

Hi all, I've been asked to help a client with what I thought was a simple problem but can't appear to figure out a way around it.

They want to be able to enter a 'Total £' value on an opportunity that is hidden from selected users.

My problem is:-

1) The current Total field is linked to the Product list at the bottom which, if I am correct, can not be hidden so any user can see the total.

2) If we create a new Total field, this will not be used to produce the weighted total but more importantly will not be shown in the Dashboard screens which is an integral part of what they want.

So, is anyone aware of how to 1) unlock the Total field or 2) protect the tabs at the bottom of the Opportunity screen or 3) Be able to add a new field to Act! and have that used by the Dashboards, Opportunity List etc...?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Many thanks,

John.

Bronze Contributor

Re: Opportunity Total Field

In version 2011 you can change the product screen to not display the total and in the opportunity TAB you can remove the total field from the view by using right click customise columns.

Is this what you wanted?

Paul Buchtmann
pbuchtmann@ozemail.com.au Australia
Australia's First ACT Consultant (1989)

FREE Record History to change default to Call or To-Do for ACT! 2010-2012 versions. Custom versions also available.
Copper Contributor

Hi Paul, thanks for your reply.

They still need the ability for 'some' users to enter in a Total Value for the opportunity but this has not got to be visible to other users.  So it needs to be flexible enough to allow for this but not for everyone.

I just can't see a way around it.....

Do we know if we can change the protection of the 'Total' field using the developers kit ?

Bronze Contributor

I doubt this is a possibility so the only other option would be to have some seperate layout and setup those who need to use this as synchronisers and only have the layout on their system. Bit complex but is achievable.

Paul Buchtmann
pbuchtmann@ozemail.com.au Australia
Australia's First ACT Consultant (1989)

FREE Record History to change default to Call or To-Do for ACT! 2010-2012 versions. Custom versions also available.