Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Opportunity Mail Merging \ History & Emails

Astute Commentator

Opportunity Mail Merging \ History & Emails

We will hopefully be using Act Premium 2011 to run our sales process here.

Every enquiry we have will be created as an opportunity, linked to a contact. I would like to be able to mail merge directly from within the opportunity itself, however i know i cant do that (which i still find surprising!).

Is there any way for emails or mailmerges to save entries into the opportunity history automatically? Or the ability to drag and drop the emails \ documents in some way? At the moment it seems like there is quite a lot of functionality missing from the opportunity screens.

Does anyone know if there are development plans for any of these?

Thanks

Robin

Platinum Super Contributor

Re: Opportunity Mail Merging \ History & Emails

Robin,

When contacts are attached to an Opportunity, all of the History items of that contact(s) will show in the History tab for the Opportunity.  This goes for the Notes and Activity tabs as well.  So, as emails/mail merges are sent to the contacts > they will show in the Opportunity History tab as well.

From the Opportunity History tab you can create a History item specifically for the Opp (will not show in the contact History tab) by using the 'New History' icon.

Greg Martin
Sage
Astute Commentator

Hi Greg

Thanks for coming back to me.

I have a number of contact with history and activities. However these dont show in the opportunitys linked to them. There are a few history entries where i have set the fields to log changes, but nothing else. Do i need to set any pref for this?

Do you know of any development plans to include this functionality, or expand on opportunities in general?

Thanks

Robin

Sorry for the confusion, I was thinking about Groups and Companies - they automatically add ALL of the History/Activities/Notes for attached contacts to thier respective tabs.  For Opportunities, you will need to open the desired History item and use the 'Share With' option to select the appropriate Opportunity.  When manually creating a history item, you can select the Opportunity and contact at the same time.

The same process will work with Notes.  For Activities, you will use the 'Associate With' option.

Greg Martin
Sage
Astute Commentator

Thanks  for coming back to me.

I have tried that and it works. However it seems quite a long winded process.

Are there any development plans for improving this?

Thanks

I'm glad to hear you now have a process (albeit several steps) that works.

Unfortunately, we don't get information about upcoming features and changes to the program until they are ready to be released.  So, I can't say if there are or aren't plans to improve this process.

Greg Martin
Sage
Astute Commentator

Roy, In the mean time, I found in this community the same question from other Act customers.

Are there any plans to solve this problem in the near future?

This is really a lacking functionality.

Kris